1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My homemade pusher

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by lawnboy2121, Jan 7, 2013.

1. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Built this 5 yrs ago out of a 8 ft fisher plow with scrap steel I had around shop. Pizza and a 12 pack to build it not pretty but works excellent scrapes great with the steel edge

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Looks good
  3. lawnboy2121

thanks alot cheaper then buying one and works just as good
  4. JayN.E

JayN.E Junior Member
    from NY

very nice, I like that. How did you do the quick attach area on the back of the plow?
  5. Workin 25/8

Workin 25/8 Junior Member
    from SD

Little paint and it will be good as new.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

We made our first one also.
    Added a pull back after a year. Looks good
    Trip edge?
  7. lawnboy2121

i bought a plate and then welder some heavy L iron across the semi circle to weld the plate to then ran angle off the top corners . I left the semi circle on for a little more lenght for stacking. I also made it so when the arms r all the way down the pusher sits level so all u have to do is use the curl to level the box . added 6" to the top, put a 8" edge on blade and 3' deep sides
  8. lawnboy2121

we will paint it this spring. I am starting on a pusher with removable sides soon like a kage or a snowwolf
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks really good. I bet that set up works slick with the trip edge.
  10. lawnboy2121

it does and it scrapes as good as a snowplow does. It just needs a paint job come spring
  11. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Im new here I have plowed for 12the years and added a machine im looking to do this as well any more detailed picks would be awsome thanks
  12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Looks nice Beats them rubber edge pushers

You should add a Cutting edge on top up front to back drag
  13. lawnboy2121

I use a 7.5 western for that at the site where the machine is at there r car ports to clean under so I cannot raise the arms .the machine just makes it under