1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My homemade Plow wings

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lehmand1, Feb 19, 2008.

1. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

I just finished them up and thought I would post pics

2. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

wicked job! They look like pro wings!
  3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice work. They look like they will get the job done.
  4. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

Its hard to tell in the pictures but they have a good bit more forward angle than the pro wings. Two other guys I sub with have pro wings and I kinda copied them but I gave them a little more angle.

Total cost for the job was about $10 (steel-free, spray paint and lynch pins $10) and took about 5hrs, mostly done at the factory where I work so I was getting paid to make them.
  5. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Gettin paid for slackin! Great country this Americaussmileyflag Just kidding, they look great. Ilove to make and or fix my own stuff. Great sense of accomplishment! Job well done!:drinkup:
  6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

They look really nice
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

they look very good

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

And finally a use for used tires.:D
  9. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

I got pleanty more too for when these wear out.
  10. Mstrfxit12

Mstrfxit12 Junior Member

Over length plows.

With all of these wings being added I remembered this from earlier this winter. Two clips same incident.
    WOONSOCKET -- When Raymond Boucher came home from work, he would go check on his father. He’d do the same before he went to sleep.

“He was an angel,” his father, Raymond Boucher Sr. said.
    This morning, 48-year-old Raymond Boucher died after being struck by a snow plow driven by a private contractor on Cumberland Street near Cass Avenue.
    Boucher was on his way to work at the nearby CVS warehouse, walking in the streets because the sidewalks were icy.
    According to Maj. Richard Dubios of the Woonsocket police, sidewalks near schools take priority for plowing over other areas. Woonsocket Middle School is located a short distance to the west on Park Place.
    The driver and owner of the truck, Krrzysztof Mirga, called the police and cooperated fully, Dubios said. He was cited for violations including violations of plow blade length and weight restrictions. He was not being contracted by the city.
    Boucher, who ran track in the Special Olympics, lived in the same apartment building with his father and had worked at the CVS distribution center for nearly 30 years.
    A statement from the company said Boucher was “a valued member of the CVS team and he was respected and well-liked by his colleagues. We extend our sincere condolences to Raymond’s family.”
    Mayor Susan Menard was not available for comment.
    -- with reports from Journal staff writer Tatiana Pina

In the Woonsocket accident Wednesday Merga’s dump truck plow was listed as owned by K&K Masonry and was setup to do private plowing and sanding, according to Dubois.
    Because of the vehicle’s size and equipment, Dubois said police contacted the State Police commercial enforcement unit to conduct an inspection of the truck.
    The vehicle was found to exceed the 8-foot wide plow limit by two feet and the truck’s load the weight limit by 400 pounds.
    The truck had an attached sanding unit as well as a cargo of sand when the accident occurred, Dubois noted.
    Although two commercial truck infractions were found, Dubois said it not been determined Wednesday if plow length and weight differences were factors in the accident.
    Boucher was struck by the outlying corner of the plow but Dubois said it was not known if the added length contributed to the accident.

Just thought you guys might want to see this.
  11. Joneso8

Joneso8 Member

Those look really good. I made a homemade set for my blizzard. They work good. i'm going to redesign them and make a new set this summer. The wings offered by western are the way to go. I'm going to replicate a set off of those
  12. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

shortly after that happened there was another woman hit by a plow local to me( close to where this happened) the woman who issues me my checks for plowing was hit by another company's plow that had wings on it that made the plow to wide for the narrow road he house was on.

lucky she was ok watch out when you have a plow that wide.
  13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Those look great are they wide then the pro wing? They look like they have a great attack angle.
  14. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

they look great and i like the renewable source for the edge's !
  15. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Bumping an old thread.

That turned out really good. What guage did you use? 1/4'?