1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Homemade Backrack

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Shortstuff, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

Slightly modified the original dimensions to make the opening wider for the 3rd brake light/cargo lights, made it just a bit shorter too. The current rotator light bracket I made is only temporary until I get a chance to make one that will fold down so I can pull the truck into my garage. Making the necessary brackets to go 'inside' the stake pocket was time consuming but worked perfectly.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Dang nice job man, looks just like an original backrack.
  3. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

looks like you bought it nice job man
  4. Landmark1

Landmark1 Member

That looks really good. Nice job.
  5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. I want one haha.
  6. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

cool rack ... whatever happen to the homemade led lights you were makin ?
  7. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

I actually had a lot of success with my LED light project. I reached a point where I was able to get all the components I needed to work really well together but due to time and money constraints I wasn't able to end up with a complete working prototype. As you can see I ended up with a Whelen G2P rotator light which I am actually very happy with right now. I know that LED's have their advantages in many ways, but until I can find the time the halogens will do for now.

Thanks for asking.

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Great man!!!!!!

Nice job!!
  9. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

hey man looks great. off the top of your head do you know if a 27" mini bar would fit in between the top "posts?"
  10. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

I originally drafted my drawing in cad and just checked it and there is 32" between the top of the two vertical posts (as you can see below).

11. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Super looking backrack !
  12. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

thanks a ton. i think its about time i pull the trigger on a backrack and light bar lol just wondering what my limits are.