1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my home built carton

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dave_dj1, Nov 20, 2010.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I just picked up a 79 f150 shorty for a plow truck, bought a 7.5 Meyer blade, and some sort of Meyer mount, I believe it to be an EZ classic.
    I got some pics of the carton off the internet and put some of my fab tools to work. I will try and get a better pic, the light in the garage isn't the best.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

that looks real professional and well-built. the only part that you would be able to tell that you built it is the fact you used square tubing instead of round for the light hoop... Is there a reason or is that just the steel you had?

I had to modify a dodge mount to fit my chevy and that was enough work. if I get a chance I'll try and take a picture, but it may not turn out since it is on the truck.. Good job!

3. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

looks good....something i was always told about putting a round tube in a square hole...or something like that

4. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Thanks for the kudos,
    The size of the stock tube is some strange custom size, the way the bolt goes in to hold the light hoop, it's in the center so the thing can't move up or down once the pin is in place. I have a total of 70 bucks worth of steel in it. I kept the side to side clearance snug so there will be no movement that way. I have two braces that bolt on to go back to the frame for additional support. It's amazing what you can do with a plasma cutter, mig and a 20 ton press brake. ( I built the brake, it can only bend up to 8.5" long but can bend 3/8" steel flat stock like nothing).

5. acornish

acornish Senior Member

looks good