1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My HID conversion

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mcwlandscaping, Jan 25, 2009.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

After seeing Alaska Bosse's HID conversion, i knew i wanted to do the same thing. I had thought about it before but never really got into it. So i ordered the same kits as he did and did the install =] All i can say is I am extremely happy with it!!!

Alaska Bosses thread!
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=75977

This is my truck next to my friends 04 chevy 2500HD...before his stock lights would have blown away the silverstars that were in my truck..

The first pic is the trucks with the hi beams on, second is the low beams on, the last is the hi beams on from behind the lights. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics!

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

hi beams.jpg

low beams.jpg

hi beams from behind.jpg

2. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

So what brand kit did you get? and where did you get it?

3. mcwlandscaping

i got the digitalHID brand from retrosolutions.com =]

4. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

35watt or 55watt?

5. mcwlandscaping

55w...go big or go home =]

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, I've been thinking about doing it to my personal truck.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice improvement!

8. mcwlandscaping

I definitely think it was worth the money and the Digital kit i bought was very high quality!!

Thanks for the compliments!!!

Its just taking some time to get used to how the ballasts can take a couple seconds to warm up when switching to high beams...i'll soon be wiring up a harness that combines the hi and low beams when the hi's are switched on, that should help =]