1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my head is about ready to explode....

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by GSS LLC, Dec 16, 2012.

1. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

I show up to check on my properties tonight after temps dropped below freezing... to see that two are already sanded!!!

i have 3 properties with the same company. 2 with one manager MANAGER A ,and they were sanded. 1 with another manager MANAGER B, it wasnt sanded.

now, heres where im stressing out. the manager of the properties that were sanded MANAGER A, this is his first year with the company. i have worked for MANAGER A for the last 3 years at his former apt complex. MANAGER A signed a 3 year contract last year with me but quit last summer and switched companies. MANAGER A is the reason i got the other property with the new company, he recommended me. now, with MANAGER B of the new company, i signed contracts, and a bunch of paperwork.

With MANAGER A, i have submitted contracts, he told me several times i had the contract and i have stopped in a few times to get the paperwork signed, but he was waiting for help with his higher up since it was his first year with the company. so i havent pushed him too hard. my worry is he wasnt waiting for help, but for a lower bid. but on the same token, he told others to use me, and that he was using me. I am aquaintances with the regional for this company and he is going to look into it for me tomorrow. he was under the impression that i had both of MANAGER A properties.

Hopefully its someone that didnt know they lost the account just showing up. maybe a sub of another person that has always done the properties for another company that sub'd out the sanding.

rant off... wish me luck.
  2. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

The better outcome is that you have all the contracts and they pay you for the other guys work :laughing:
  3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

The higher ups went with someone else most likely, no signed contract........not your account.
    It sucks, but it happens all the time. I'm making payments on a loader right now thats sitting, i bought it on a 3 year loan when I signed a 3 season contract, client broke contract after 1 season, it sucks, Ive tried to sell it, no luck.
  4. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

property managers are responsable for getting contractors, no one else. i know the regional fairly well, he didnt sign anyone, the district guy above the p.m. and below the regional shouldnt have, hes not supposed to. the regional and i talked last night and he's getting to the bottom of things.

this morning the p.m. called me saying he didnt know why anyone was sanding, i was the one he was using for snow and ice, he is doing some digging also. i just hope he's not lying and trying to find a way out. doesnt sound like it though, he called me 2 hours before he had to be to work to inform me of the situation.
  5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you are dealing with too many Indians, not the Chiefs. I never consider a contract to be mine until the paperwork is signed and the ink is dry and on my desk, I've heard way too many verbal yes's that have been changed to a rejection to believe anything I hear. For all you know, someone else was being told the exact same thing you were....maybe they just assumed like you they had the contract and got there before you did.....or they do in fact have a signed agreement.
  6. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

definitely could be the case.