1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My HD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by William B., May 7, 2005.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Well with everyone else posting pics of there HD, I thought that I would put a couple up of mine with the new tires I put on today. They are Cooper Discover S/T 285/75/16

William

PICT0057.JPG

PICT0059.JPG

PICT0068.JPG

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ctfan
    That's nice looking,when are you getting a plow? Big meat's on that truck, they don't rub? What type of bedliner do you have, I'm looking to get a spray in liner.

Good Luck Mike

3. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i like it do you always drive on a lawn after you mowe it?
    what kind of tires where those?

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Thanks guys. No the tires don't rub at all. They had to crank the t-bars up a touch, which was fine because the truck sat nose heavy to begin with. The tires are Cooper Discover S/T's size 285/75/16. As far as the bed liner, it's just the factory drop in liner. I also have a rubber bed mat over that to keep stuff from sliding around. One of the downfalls of the plastic. I am saving up for a plow. It will most likely be a Western Ultramount. They are the popular brand around here because there are several dealers near us, which is always good.

William

5. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

sweet truck :drinkup: :drinkup:

6. btrussell

btrussell Member

Nice truck

I like the HD. I think thats what I want my next truck to be although I dunno if I'd want an extended cab and maybe a duramax. I like the tires alot too looks like good snow tires.
    Brian

7. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

looks great man, glad you went with a chevy

8. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Good looking truck man.

9. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Thanks guys. I really like the way the truck looks with them on. To me, the truck seems alittle more snappy of of the line. There is a little road noise, but you don't hardly notice it unless the window is down.

William

10. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I just bought some rims like those today, now I need tires... any suggestions? 1, it has to be a good snow/street tire mix, and 2 not rub

11. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Well, if you go with the 285's you might have to trim the lower air dam on the corners and adjust the torsion bars, if they aren't already adjusted for the plow. I didn't have to trim, just adjust the torsion bars a little. If you are worried about that then I would suggest going with some 265's. I can't comment on how they do in the mud or snow yet(obviously) I have heard good things about the BFG A/T but they are alittle pricey IMO. I have heard good things about these Coopers. They last long and are priced good. I paid 135 for these.

William

12. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have Wild Country XTR's on mine. Good all terrain tire and get more mileage than BF Goodrich tires since the lugs are closer together. More wear that way.

13. PremierLand

from detroit

The lower trim pannel is already cut out due to the plow mount. The tires on these new rims are 305, they rub on the plastic of the fender... today after school im just going to get my old tires from my old rims put on the new rims and then before winter get some bf or cooper 265's put on

14. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Ctfan,

Other than a little road noise do you notice much difference in the ride? Is it rougher? I need to get some different tires on my 2004 chevy.I need to add that it is the 2500 and not an hd. I did have the t-bars turned up 5 turns last winter and have not lowered them. I think the truck looks better that way. Tire wear has been good and I did not get a front end alignment. I have been using the stock tires on it, they have worked well but it is time for something beefer.

Thanks,

JP

Last edited: May 17, 2005
  15. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Actually they ride better than the stock tires. I think that my ride would improve better if I got some after market shocks, but I need to get some more fundage right now. And for some reason I have gotten better milage with the tires then I did with the stock ones on. Figure that one out.

William

16. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

thanks.

JP

17. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Toyo Open country's, available in Load range E and have a 50K mile tread life guarantee, also are snow rated and worked great 2 season's ago for me. (worn down too much for this past season)

how do these cooper's wear? Road nosie is nothing to me (diesel- I never hear it anyway) but tread life is.

18. PremierLand

from detroit

ya the guy at belltire reccommended the toyo open countrys. I think they were like $130 a tire maybe?