1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My HD temp never got over 210 degrees

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Alpha42, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Alpha42

Alpha42 Junior Member

I really used this truck today,22 driveways and 1 big parking lot all with 18-24 inches of stackable snow. The truck was running for 12 hours straight and got pretty beat on when it got stuck twice. I was prepared to not panic if the engine temp gauge went up. Guess what, it never went over 210. The trans temp never went past 180 maybe 190 for a short time.Alternator gauge held a nice steady 14 with the defroster full blast and headlights on. I have 3000 miles on this truck and I am very happy with it so far. I am sooooo glad its new and has a warranty. I don't know about beating it up plowing and getting stuck and pulling people out etc etc if I owned it without a warranty though. I'll try to treat it a little better but I bought it to push snow in the winter and pull my travel trailer in the summer. I guess its pretty much doomed to work. Oh well.
  2. porkhead1

porkhead1 Member

Take real good care of that truck if you're gonna "work it" year-round. You may want to get into synthetic engine oils, change your trans oil/filter at least once a year, check your front/rear axle fluid levels to make sure they're full, brakes are gonna wear faster because of the plowing, install a remote start for the truck to warm it up before going out to plow, if possible, look around for a set of winter-only tires/wheels......

This site is an excellant source of information for information on how to keep that truck running for a long time & dependable. Don't be afraid to ask questions.....we all were "new" at one time. Save a % of the $$$ you make plowing to put back into the truck.

Good Luck.... :)