1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My ford plow trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by amars415, Nov 15, 2007.

1. amars415

amars415 Member

Just got my plow yesterday finally. I bought a mount for both trucks and only one plow. I will buy another plow for the other truck next year. My F 350 is a 97 and only has 48000 miles. The F 550 is an 01 with about the same amount of miles. Both trucks are equipped with a 7.3 psd.

F 350.jpg

F 350 1.jpg

F 350 2.jpg

F 550.jpg

F 550 1.jpg
  2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Very nice looking trucks...how do u like the blizzards?
  3. amars415

amars415 Member

I don't know yet, just got it yesterday. From other people I've talked to they either love it or hate it.
  4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice set up man and i love the color :drinkup:

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

hows the pickup hold the plow looks to sag a bit.
  6. amars415

amars415 Member

On the side profile pic, I have the plow off the ground about an inch. I measured today and from the mount to the ground, it only brings the truck down an inch when the plow is lifted, and that is one heavy plow!
  7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Those are nice trucks! That '97 is extemely CLEAN!

So do you only have one plow or two????
  8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I like that dump truck. I think he only has one plow, so which truck is the plow goin on?
  9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a smart plan to hold off on the second plow, but at the very least you have a mount for both. It's more redundancy than many of us run (as right now I still only have 1 truck & 1 plow!). Looks good!

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Love the trucks. The '97 does seem to sag a bit. Put some Timbrens up front and it won't sag at all.
  11. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Nice trucks, thoes blizzards look good on the 95-97 body style fords.
  12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Oh I guess I missed it. Plow with the F550 for now and save the F350.
  13. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking trucks
  14. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice trucks!! Color matches my fleet!
  15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Trucks look nice! Finding a 350 that year must have been a bit tough!
  16. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Is your dump a 4x4?
  17. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's a pretty big F550. I thought that it was only a 350. It seems like your F-350 sags a lot, is your suspension getting old or worn? Nice looking trucks and plow!
  18. amars415

amars415 Member

I actually was searching for months and it was nothing less than a miracle for me to find it! I bumped into the guy, I was two hours away from home searching at a dealership for trucks, and he was two hours away from his home searching for trucks at we just so happened to be there at the same time. He had a picture of this truck and I happend to say that is a nice looking truck, then he told me it was for sale, 1997 Ford F 350 7.3 Diesel 4x4 reg cab long box 5spd, with only 22,000 miles on it!! I said sold. :redbounce
  19. amars415

amars415 Member

My 550 is 4x2. I am not sure how it will plow but I figure with enough weight (2-3K pounds)It will do just fine. It has 4.88 gears in it so I don't think I will have a lack of power. Anyone have much experience plowing with this size 2wd truck?
  20. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

I really want your 97! Under 50,000 miles, too! How do you like the diesel and have you had any problems with it so far?