1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my fleet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by vt properties, Dec 23, 2010.

1. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

2009 F250 8' fisher MM2 and polycaster 2010 chevy 2500 8.5 EXV Chevy has to be lettered and prob put a back rack on it and led on top. Just havent had the time yet.

1223101433.jpg

2. mjlawncare

mjlawncare Senior Member

nice trucks

3. vt properties

from vermont

Here they are at work

1223101549b.jpg

1223101549c.jpg

4. vt properties

from vermont

some more of em

1223101550b.jpg

1223101551a.jpg

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

what made you go with chevy after getting a ford? also what lightbar is on the ford?

6. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Nice looking fleet!

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice trucks!!

8. vt properties

from vermont

Price ......I got a sweet deal on it . Is a 2010 and the salesman kept dropping the price. It came with the plow as well. It doesnt have power windos or locks, stricktly a work truck. I had a 03 ford 1 ton dump that was beat to hell and giving me probs, and need another truck asap. The chevy is nice but the front needs some susp work it sags a bit to much for my liking. Also I wanted green or black but had to settle on red. I saved thousands over the fords I priced and I am in this to make a living so I got a leftover chevy. It sucks that i cant swap plows when need be , I drive the ford normally and the help drives the chevy. I love the chevy's seats with the split bench and cloth.

9. vt properties

from vermont

The lightbar is a speedtech mini raptor. It was cheap and I have it hooked upp on a uppfitter switch with the box mounted to the floor by the dash. Its bright and fit my budget and has 15 patterns

10. vt properties

from vermont

just read some posts on the exv sounds like i should stock up on some center pins. Also fter 2 uses the lift ram started leaking, I brought it back and the dealer repacked it, hoping for no leaks. This is my first v plow, takes some getting used to. I have always used fisher hd straights and they have been pretty bullet proof for me in the past.

11. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice little fleet you have, let us know how the chev worked out and how you like the new V after the first year.

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Turn up torsion bars and get timbrens.

13. vt properties

from vermont

Yup, thanks I just read some threads on this, I am going to do this as soon as possible.

14. RN Lawncare

RN Lawncare Member

nice, i love the new fords and especially the new chevys

15. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

stupid question: does your lift arm triangle drop all the way down like that as soon as you float it or did you push and depress it for the pic? Just wondering because I still think something is wrong with my float.

16. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

the new plows have a cable and spring hooked to the t-frame and lift arm to pull it all the way down when in float

17. spy0068

spy0068 Junior Member

Where is this info about the center pins?? I am thinking about buying a exv....

18. vt properties

from vermont

There was a serious issue with them and fisher redesigned them with a new hardened one, but even with that the wear out. Good news is they are not expnsive I believe like $20 or so. Use the search button there is a couple of members on here that have written some pretty comprehensive posts on them. It seems like a great plow so far, scrapes real well and is very fast. To be honest its the reason why I got a red truck it hd the exv plow on it. I wanted black or green to be more in line with the ford. Now when I letter it it's going to be red with green logos ugly. But its ok I 'll live with it. These trucks work and get dinged scratched ect...that's why I buy the base models, so I dont' feel so bad when it happens. My pref is at least power wind and locks like the ford, thats why I normally drive that one.

19. vt properties

from vermont

i hear ya, the 2011 2500's have a new suspension and beefed up frame to.The ford's cab is larger and has uppfitter switches that are really nice. The ford's engine I have is the 5.4 and is a not quite as good as the chevy's 6.0 gasser. The new 2011 fords have a new 6.2 so now thats a mute point. My ford has the running lights which I like as well. Overall I would give the 09 a slight edge due to the front suspension is a bit stronger then the chevy, although like I stated earlier the 2011 chevys are beefed up. And the fords uppfitter switches are a great feature, I have 2 work lights on the bumper hooked up to one , a spreader light , and the strobe all on seperate switches. Also the fords mirrors are way better and mine has the heated one's which are very helpfull since I have a spreader in the bed.