1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Fisher Plow Pics!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mkwl, Sep 16, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Well, I finally decided a few weeks ago that it did make sense to buy a plow- I couldn't justify the cost of a new one, so I did the next best thing- buy a used one in great shape! My new (to me) plow is a 2005 Fisher MMII 8'HD w/Fishstik- plow originally came with the joystick, but I decided to spring for the extra $200 to put in a new Fishstick controller! I got it at a dealer in Vermont, about 20 mins from my house Upstate- quite convenient! I paid $3100 out the door (including install and Fishstik). This plow is EXACTLY the one I've been searching for for the past few months and finally I've got it! The plow is truly in excellent shape! Here's some pics from when I first got it (yesterday afternoon), and a few "after paint" shots (painted it yesterday afternoon too- just the front of the blade where there was some surface rust- no rust anywhere else!)- I touched up the rusted area on the blade (Fisher spec paint), and painted the cutting edge factory spec black- all I need now is a Fisher decal and It'll look just like new! Here's the pics- enjoy! I CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME SNOW!!!

fisher plow 1b.jpg

fisher plow 2.jpg

fishstick.jpg

fisher plow 3.jpg

fisher plow 4.jpg

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Looks awesome mkwl!!!!! That bad boy will push some snow. Sounds like a decent deal on the plow. Good job on the paint too.

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Looks great buddy!! You have a nice looking website as well. Reminds me of someone else not to long ago??

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Paint is great. Looks great but don't waste the money for the sticker it will just peal off during the first snow. You might think of trying a Teflon shield they work great no snow or ice sticks to it but you got to replace them every couple years to keep them looking new. Paint works but touch up helps prevents rust thru the season....Congrats on your plow....

linner (Medium).jpg

100_0018 (Medium).jpg

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, keep the responses coming!:nod:

6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

blade is looking good man ! did drive home with the blade on on in bed ?

7. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Looks good mkwl :drinkup: Did you install anything on the front it looks like it hardly even sags with the plow up. I bet you can't wait until winter now.

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks good! Go get yourself a really good Fisher decal like you said. It'll finnish the project off perfectly. I did that with mine and the sticker was fine through the one season that I used it.

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Dude, that looks outstanding!!!!!! Congrats, I wish you lots of snow. :drinkup:

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks guys!wesport

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks, the plow is in our barn upstate- I don't really have a place to keep it indoors down here in NJ, I'll take it back in the bed of the truck around the beginning of November or so.

12. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks, no, I didn't install anything, when I had it in the front end shop this past spring, they cranked up the torsion bars some before they did an alignment on the truck- I'm surprised actually at how little it sagged- I'll still probably put in some kind of ballast when plowing- just for good measure!

13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Anyone else? Also- anyone know a good place to get a Fisher decal?

14. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

Nice looking setup, good luck w/ it.

15. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

yea on ebay you can get the stupid sticker that comes off after like three events for $5, my facotory one lasted about 3 storms lol your probably better off trying to find a stencil and paint it on

16. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

That's a good suggestion- anyone know where to get a Fisher stencil?

17. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

lol im in the same boat still havent found one yet

18. mike psd

from pa

hell of a drive for stroage but whatever work lol

try ebay there always something on there

19. mike psd

from pa

20. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

if you want to paint it on it should be simple. Buy the sticker off ebay, then paint a big area where the stickers goes in black, then put the decal over the black paint and paint it all yellow. Once it all dries, take off the decal and there you should have the logo, painted on.