1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first Truck!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Newdude, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

I finally got a truck!! :D Its a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500hd.

- 4x4
    - SLE Trim, Sport Red Metallic
    - 6.0 Vortec, automatic
    - 4:10 Rear end with G80 Locking Diff.
    - ...and much more :)

Here is a pic for now...more on the way.

[​IMG]

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Wow nice looking truck! How many miles?

3. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Looks sharpprsportprsport

What was the damagepayuppayup??

-Bill

4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

More than 5k, less than 20k.

5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, low miles. And... Good price..? Thats a pretty wide range :p

6. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Its an 04 so im gonna say 14,092

7. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

lol nice truck and what u gonna stick on the front I'd say a boss 8.2 v plow or a western wide-out :)

8. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

...you're close...xysport

Well, currently I have no plans to put a plow on it yet. The previous owner had a plow on it, but he only used it to plow is repair shop parking lot and his own driveway. He had a Boss 7.6' V on it (he bought that when he had his 2001 Chevy 2500, transfered it to his 2002 Chevy 2500hd, then the truck I have now) but took everything off and is transfering it to his new truck (2009 GMC Sierra 2500hd) after suffering from a bit of sticker shock from new plows. :dizzy:

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice truck. Sounds like a pretty good deal to. Are you gonna be plowing with this truck this winter?

10. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Thank you very much. :) As for plowing...see quote below:

11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Oh sorry. lol. I did read that, but I must have forgot. I was gonna buy a truck like that last year. It didn't have as many bells and whistles, but the guy only wanted a little over $10k for it, with only 43k miles! He used it to go and give estimates at jobs and that's about it.

12. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

my truck has the same gears and rear end.....you will like the way it locks in and goes! not sure what you will be doing with it but about the only thing those tires are good for is lasting lol.....I kept trying to run my bald to get new ones and finally at 70 000 just gave up and got something that actually got grip. NICE FIND

13. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Nice truck, especially since its your first one. I'm jealous.

14. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

IMO the best body style ever offered by GMC/Chevy, and to help ease the sticker shock of new plows,,,you can CLEAN house on used plows from guys who had big dreams and no reality last winter.

15. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Congrats on the buy- looks GREAT! I have pretty much the exact same truck as that- it's sure a workhorse! Take care of it and it'll last a good long time!

BTW- a nice Fisher would look GREAT on your truck!ussmileyflag

16. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

lol ya a plow for my truck was close to 6k almost half of what i paid for my truck lol so i got $1000 truck and traded a bike for another truck with a plow on it and now swapping stuff

17. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck! if you paid over $11k though you got ripped.....'05 chevy 2500hd with 24k miles and plow and salter here for $13,400

18. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

You'd better get a plow on it. Use that truck the way it was meant to be used. Nice deal. I have a feeling I'm a bit older and still don't have a truck that nice.

19. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

that's a damn nice truck. The 6.0 is a great motor

20. Carlito

Carlito Member

Congrats NewDude!