1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first truck.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 7.3 Plower, Feb 2, 2009.

1. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

I turned 16 in September. I bought this truck in December. It's got no plow and I don't really intend to subject this truck to that much punishment. I'll borrow dad's plow truck for a while until I can afford my own.

Anyways here's my new truck with me standing next to it on the day I brought it home.

[​IMG]

Quick picture as I head inside to finalize the paperwork.
    [​IMG]

Here she is at home the same day.
    [​IMG]

The big bad 7.3 PowerStroke.
    [​IMG]
    Yes. I know my IC boots need cleaning.

2. mikeyfff1011

mikeyfff1011 Member

nice truck dude good luck with it i cant wait to get my powerstroke im sick of my triton i want a diesel

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck. I guess the credit freeze is over

4. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

Nope. Credit freeze is still in full swing.

I paid 7,300$ CASH for that truck. (Actually 6800$ cashier's check and a 500$ cash deposit)

I own that truck 100% and nobody can touch it.

It's a 99 F350 7.3L diesel 4x4 XLT regular cab longbed with 113,419 miles on the clock as it sits right now.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

A nice boss 8'2'' XT V would look B A on that truck.

6. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

$7,300 for a '99 xlt F350 with 113,000 miles and a 7.3l under the hood... sounds like you got a deal... treat her right!

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, you got a killer deal on it! I don't think you could harm that truck with a plow! The F-350's are so solid.

8. mikeyfff1011

mikeyfff1011 Member

i agree i plan on getting that to and dude i have a 99 f-250 that thing handles my plow like nothing your 350 will handle it alot better then my 250 and have better power with the 7.3 diesel

9. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

Hey, I know that truck, that Dealer is on GLobal on Killingly St Johnston, RI, my gf lives in Johnston, congratuations, I was considering that truck as well, Best of Luck with it!

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

nice truck. dont listen to everyone else a nice fisher would look good on that ford. did you save your pennies for that truck?

11. 6.5LTDFisher

6.5LTDFisher Member

nice find there fellow CT'er :) Good luck bud! I wish i bought a 7.3 when i was looking!

12. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I think a nice red western wideout would help bring out the color:D

13. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

A plow will be just fine on that truck. As long as you aren't stupid with it (raming into piles, slamming it into the reverse when still going forward) and you'll be just fine.

14. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nice truck- Welcome to Team Ford. I agree that you should throw a plow on her and let her pay for herself. Thats what those trucks were designed to do. Good luck with it.

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

credit freeze is still on....I tried to get a $5k loan for one year on a $12k truck, no-can-do....

16. Birdjr

Birdjr Junior Member

nice truck 7.3 is an excellent motor. good luck

17. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I tried borrowing $1,000 for my plow, they said I need to be employee'd or have a co-signer. Just for $1,000

18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

That's how I bought my truck- best way to go! Congrats on the truck- I'm not a Ford guy (as anyone will tell you)- but that truck should work out well for you!

19. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

im from ct too. i have the same truck in red fisher hd holds awsome but get the xblade nicer.

20. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Nice truck and sweet deal