1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

This was my first truck. I bought it when I was 16 years old. It's a 1986 F250, 351, C6 auto with 8' Fisher. It had 46k original miles and I paid $3500 in 1996.

It was factory painted red/white/red. I sold it (like an idiot) and he repainted it and put on a new bed. As you can see it matches one of his Pete's. He then sold it to another friend. I had the chance to buy it back in 2006, but I heard a tree fell on it (was fixed) and it wasn't it good shape mechanical shape anymore.

I miss this old rig and I'm dying to do a restoration project to make another truck just like this one. Reg cab F250 and 350 4x4's of this year are impossible to find around here. Lot's of 4x2's, but screw that.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  2. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

The lady across from me growing up got plowed out by that same style it was light brown... I remember looking out the picture window wathing him plow! and he had like a BIG 9" rotory strobe light!
  3. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice. thier a plowing beast, and easy to fix with a hammer and roll of haywire :)

we built a '85 lastyear, used a 93 frame axles from a 8600gvw truck, with the 4600lbs front axle. hardly moves with the 8' fisher on there. 351W 4bbl ho in her too :D
  4. c_nice_37

c_nice_37 Junior Member

wanna buy mine?

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

the body style in those years looked really cool

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

my buddy has i believe an 81 ford just the like one pictured but its a 2wd, it has hundreds of thousands of miles on it with stock everything and just wont die, its a total beast as far as reliability goes, it only has the 5.0 litre in it and he still tows his big heavy 16 foot equipment trailer loaded with mowers if his other truck goes down, fords in those days were un stoppable.

here is a pic of it along with my buddies dump and my red dodge.
  7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'll bite. How much?
  8. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

key words. LOL!

my uncle had one as a daily driver - ran it over 300K with some minor rear end work and normal maintenance.
  9. c_nice_37

c_nice_37 Junior Member

$3800 - but I want it until the spring. I don't plow professionally with it, but need it now in MA for fear of shovelling!
  10. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

The first one has the wrong year box on it, I dont know why but that really drives me nuts!
  11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

The original bed was trashed from an accident I was in. Guy pulled out in front of me and I put the truck side ways into him. I still don't know how I did it, but it kept the cab from getting any damage and softened the impact.

I know it's kind of annoying, but that bed was a brand new take off.

c_nice_37, I sent you a PM.
  12. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

they are great trucks. here's my old 86 with 351, C6, and 8' western. i got it for free back in 2000, rebuilt the motor, painted it, and it lasted me until 2008. not a bad investment. i love the looks of the 80-86's.

i also included a few pics of her in the final days - it pains me to look at it.......