1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first time out yesterday....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by theguynextdoor, Dec 3, 2007.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

Well yesterday was my first time out snowplowing. I only have residentials in immediate neighborhoods around my house, so i never have to drive far. It went well untill i did my own driveway last. I hit my passenger side door on my mailbox not paying attentions to how close i was pushing snow up at the side of the driveway. I try not to think about the dammage, it really sucks. Hate to do that when i work so hard for that truck. I guess i'll know not to do it again and at least it wasn't someone elses property. Other than that it went well.

I was at Tim Hortons for coffee after plowing and a guy came up to my window and gave me some money to plow his lot real quick...signing a contract with him for the season now. Another guy called me this morning and said I did a good job at his neighbors and his plow guy never showed up so theres another contract ill be writing up later today.

All and all it went well for the first time out. All i can ask for is no major breakdowns on my truck and no accidents and it will be a good season.
  2. Ryno

Ryno Junior Member

Sounds like things are coming together nicely for you. Sorry to hear about the truck. Good luck
  3. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

whenever something like that happens, i always take the approach that it could have been alot worse. You could have dropped a tranny, or someone could have ran a stop sign and totalled your truck.
  4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

it happens. I tried to back over a 2' high boulder on the edge of a drive. Put a nice dent under the rocker panel of my new then truck. My fault should have seen it but you know how that goes. I was just glad it didn't take out my tailgate spreader that day.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2007