1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first plow..........

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by brickslayer, Nov 17, 2008.

1. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Is this something that just happens to a plow without have the cutting edge with the curb guard on it? Is it easy to repair? Also I see these plows selling for big coin, should this be a big deduction or should I stay away from this plow all together cause it was just abused? It was a maintenance truck plow for a local college. I know the picture isn't the greatest but basically the plow bottom outer 5 inches is ground down approximately half an inch on the left wing and at least 1 inch on the right wing opening up the bottom tubing. I just don't know the difference between "used" and "abused". Thanks for any help!

[​IMG]

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Those are curb guards built into the cutting edges. They're a good thing, plow is normal. If one edge is worn more than the other, one of 2 things. It is slightly bent, or it was used angled in 1 position more than the other for longer. Show a pic of the front, we'll be able to tell more.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  3. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

I hope you weren't thinking i was talking about the newer style cutting edge curve. I was refering to the damage to the plow wing itself. I know it probable won't effect the peformance of the plow but it looks terrible up close. To me at least. Is that normal wear n tear on a $3,000.00 plow or did the maintenance people just not give a F'''' and trash it before the cutting edge was put on? This is the only used plow I have looked at on site. I see what there going for but you can't see anything but rust in most pics of used plows.

4. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

That plow seems high in price. Three grand seems high, doesn't look that clean. JMO

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What did I miss that got deleted?:confused:

6. payton

payton Senior Member

i wouldnt give 3k for it.

and it was ran by who ever.. it wasnt there money so it was abused.. 90% of the time

7. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

Yeah that plow is Rallied! I see the wear on the edge of the plow. they probably replaced the original cutting edges with the new style. Man that salt is hard on stuff in the lower 48. We dont use salt like that up here. Our stuff stays pretty clean
    Way overpriced. I wouldn't pay more than 2g if that.

8. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

I'm sure that the college has guys working for them that have the "Mine over matter" attitude....."I't aint mine, so it don't matter"!!!

9. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Get plowed AK : If you don't use salt ...Then what do you use up there.. ??????

10. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

We use hot sand all winter for the ice control. Then sweep it up in the summer.
    And a product made up here called Arctic Melt, for sidewalks and stuff.
    Nothing melts the snow at -40 so our system works! :cool:

As far as the city/state. They use a Calcium Cloride and stuff mixed with course sand for roads and stuff.