1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first plow.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by I8URVTEC, Dec 8, 2005.

1. I8URVTEC

I8URVTEC Junior Member

I am the operations manager for my Father's Industrial tool business and this year we added a Silverado 2500 diesel to our fleet for deliveries. I figured, if we have it we might as well put a plow on and save money doing our own plowing. Anyway here she is:

Plow (Medium).JPG

2. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Nice truck. That's good thinking. You'll enjoy having a truck handy to plow your area. Just be careful who you tell....you may get more business than you bargained for!! :)

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Very nice setup! How about some more pics of that beautiful truck?

4. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

nice looking plow and truck.. red does go well with red:redbounce

5. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Thats one helluva first plow!

6. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

sweet you will love it

7. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

nice looking truck and u will have lots of fun with her...thats a good idea in the long run youll save lots of money

8. I8URVTEC

I8URVTEC Junior Member

Thanks everyone. We had our first big snow last friday. 12"-14"! The snow was coming down at around 3" per hour. I ended up plowing our front and rear lots at the office 3 times. At the rate we were previously paying that storm would have cost us $400 or so to have it plowed. And b/c the dealer was giving $1000 off a plow incentives when we bought the truck we were able to get the plow for $2500 including installation. At that rate the plow will have paid for itself by the end of one winter!
    Oh and yes I have gotten a bunch of people already asking me to plow their driveways. Unfortunatly I can't take the job b/c I am too busy with my regular job but I can see how you can make some fast money plowing! payup