1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first plow truck.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by born2farm, May 8, 2009.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Well after plowing for a couple years with mowers and quads I finally decided to move up to a truck. I got this truck for one heck of a deal. It is a 1993 Ford F350 Diesel with a spd manual. Out front is a 9.2 boss v plow. I will be pulling the bed and putting a dump bed on it and repainting the truck and plow. Let me know what you think.

2. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

No offence but the plow and truck look tired. The plow has a lot of curb damage to it. I would fix the sides of the plow and put curb guards on it. A new truck bumper and a coat of paint might help it look better. Hope the drive train is in better shape than what the truck looks like.
  3. born2farm

The truck is deffinitly rough but i only paid $500 for it because i bought it from a guy that my family sub contract plows for.
  4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looks good- post some more pics. Little elbow grease and some red paint on the plow and your golden. How many miles? Those 7.3 IDI engines run a long time. Change all your fluids and filters and it'll run forever. Go to thedieselstop.com for lots of good info- Good Luck with herpayup
  5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Hell- The plows worth more than thatpayup
  6. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Congratulations! You'll enjoy being in a nice warm cab and being able to accomplish in 1 push what used to take 6 pushes (or more). Save time, more time=more jobs=morepayup
  7. born2farm

Ya i think $500 was a steal. The reason it is so rusty is that they ran a v-box on it and didnt nothing but plow with it. so basically it got washed quick at the end of the year then sat.There are 73,000miles on the odometer but im guessing its around 144000 once you figure reverse.

Here are the only two pictures i have of it. I got the plow off today and hope to pull the bed tomorrow.

plow 1.jpg

plow 2.jpg
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

For $500 you got one hell of a deal.
  9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I agree. Well worth it.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

not a bad first truck, congrats.
  11. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I love it. I would recommend from experience with older trucks before you dump money into it making it look pretty dump money into it so it wont break down. Just bring it into your ford dealer and have the run through it and give you a list of things they see that need it or will need it. When it comes to snow you have one chance to do it, and do it right. But great price and you will love that plow. New cutting edges and a little work you'll have a truck that will out plow most on the road. Great price and best of luck, keep us updated on how it transforms before the season!
  12. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

500 are you serous at first i thought you paid around 5000 look's great what better could you want for a first truck :) payup
  13. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Nice buy. Little work and it'd be a really good looking truck. post some pic's of your progress
  14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Hey, the BOSS sticker on the plow looks in good shape still. For 500.00 you can't go wrong.
  15. born2farm

thanks for all the compliments guys. it is nothing compared to what most people run but for a 16 year old im pretty proud. i am going to start going over the truck head to toe tomorrow then once schools out im gonna pull the plow out of the barn and rebuild stuff on it. ill try and keep pics updated/
  16. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

thats how most of us started out. my first truck looked real bad lol
  17. MJD82

MJD82 Member

Tired what are you talking about? it's a 93 with 73000 miles and a boss vee all for 500 dollars thats a hell of a steal even if it needs a little work . nice truck post pics as you rehab it.
  18. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

for 500 i porbally couldn't but a diesel engine so very good deal nor could you but the plow for that that pump cost's more!!!
  19. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

who cares if its rusty, its a ford with a boss plow. some small fixes and some fresh paint and that thing will be great
  20. bosslover

bosslover Member

that could be a very sharp truck with just some hard work and time