1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Caleb55, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Caleb55

Caleb55 Member

[​IMG]'88 Chevy 1/2 ton shortbed. Truck has a rusty body. Nice clean frame. Just drove it back from Illinois, 330 miles one way. Went 70 down the highway all day. older 7ft. Western plow with one big and ugly homemade light set up on it that will be changed very soon!

2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

awesome..i'm assuming its a dedicated rig..i think you should put the CAT logo back on the hood..lol
  3. Oct7brian

Oct7brian Junior Member

Yea I would do something about that light mount situation.
  4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Nice set-up when you get new lights....:waving:
  5. Caleb55

Caleb55 Member

yea, the guy I got it from loved CAT. There's a sticker on the back window, plus he put in a reman 350 last year and painted that cat yellow as well! :dizzy:
  6. btrussell

btrussell Member

Nice truck

It looks good and with some modifications to the light set up it will look lots better. I like the older style chevies I'm assuming that is about an 89 or 90? And another question... is that 7ft wide enough when its angled to cover the width of the truck? Just curious because it seems like the 7 1/2 covers the width of my truck by a couple inches or so when fully angled (I thinks its only a couple inches maybe I should check next time I'm plowing). Any way real nice truck and hope she holds up well for you.
  7. Caleb55

Caleb55 Member

Yea, it's an '88. Not real sure if it will cover the trucks track or not, I haven't had any snow to really push yet to find out!