1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My First Plow Truck! New guy from Indiana!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hatfieldind, Jan 12, 2015.

1. hatfieldind

hatfieldind Junior Member
    from Indiana

[​IMG]

After set backs last year I was finally able to get out there this year. Off to a nice start. Still working on getting clients but a friend of mine has work and is passing some my way. Saying hello I've used this site for plenty of great info through the buying process. I really appreciate what this site provides!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you don't mine the snow we are getting now is tracked all the way back to your state please keep it there

3. hatfieldind

from Indiana

4. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

Clean set up! Welcome. ... what part of the state you in?

5. hatfieldind

from Indiana

I am just outside of Indy in Avon!

6. hatfieldind

from Indiana

[​IMG]
    Picked this up yesterday from Tractor Supply since it was open on a sunday. I think I am already wanting to take it back and upgrade.

7. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

Lestco makes an okay broadcast spread, anderson makes a better dropdown. Avon , sweet lots ofpayup money in that area. North of you Zionsville is wide open resi market, plainfield, Brownsburg , good area be in.

Upgrade? What's wrong with this one ? Looks durable, how's it throw?

8. hatfieldind

from Indiana

It is not entirely bad. But I'm thinking I'll get something mounted on the truck so that I can buy salt by the ton. My buddies salt truck went down so I did a subdivision and a huge parking lot with this and had to buy all bag salt.

9. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck although I would say it looks like you need to do a little work on the headlights - aiming and wiring/bulb. Other than that, it looks good.

10. hatfieldind

from Indiana

Thank You. Yes indeed the lights do need adjustment. This was really my first day in the truck with the plow. I was in a rush and didn't bother to adjust them at all.

11. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Nice looking truck. I have the same walk behind spreader. Lasted me three years. I washed it frequently and used fluid film on it in between also. It lasted me three years and the frame rotted out on it. I now have a chapin brand spreader that has an all stainless steel frame. Probably the same price that you paid for that one. It's your call. My spreader spread the salt extremely well. Just the weak point is the steel frame.

12. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Is that a Rally edition Silverado? Looks nice, plowing on 22's lol.

13. strokerpuller

strokerpuller Member

Your not to far from me. I'm just a little west of Danville but I plow Avon and Plainfield areas.

14. hatfieldind

from Indiana

Yes it is.

15. hatfieldind

from Indiana

I got the plow from plainfield equipment they have great service. I've been all around this area giving estimates and passing out my door hangers but not one single job yet.

16. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Check C. List and sub for a company.. Brickman always hiring, having that V plow someone will put you work..

17. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I like your color matched front end - looks great.

Probably tough to get customers this far into the season, but keep at it. Your setup looks professional so that will help a lot!

18. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Welcome my friend, I'm in Indy. But spend a lot of time your way. Nice setup, although I'm a boss man lol

19. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice set up. You will get customers. Your door hangers are being saved for the off season phone calls to come your way. Good Luck