1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My First Plow Truck - 3500HD w/ 9'2" VXT

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by procutsnow, Dec 13, 2010.

1. procutsnow

procutsnow Member

Here are a few pics of my truck with the 9'2" VXT on it. I had a loaner 8'2" VXT Poly on it last week but finally got the 9'2" steel VXT at the end of last week. Got the light bar wired up today, had to fish the upfit wiring from under the headliner back the the 3rd brake light. I ended up using a 2 lead trailer type connector with weather resistant rubber seals. Hopefully it will work out. We are getting some snow now so maybe I'll get to use it tomorrow morning. Thanks

Oh ya, my driveway slopes to the street pretty good, the GVWR of the front axle is 6000# and it looks pretty close to stock when on level ground. May add ballast, TBD.

VXT 12_13 2.jpg

VXT 12_13 3.jpg

VXT 12_13 1.jpg
  2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

very nice set-up
  3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Not bad for a GM ;)
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Put some wings on it and you'll be all set Thumbs Up
  5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Why does he need wings on it?
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Everything is better with wings.:D
  7. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

Very nice truck and plow............good luck this Winter...........
  8. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

sweet truck!
  9. procutsnow

procutsnow Member

Thanks everybody, I'm pretty happy with it.

No need for wings with what I am plowing right now, I am interested to see the difference between the 9'2" and the 8'2" I used last week (other than 12" obviously).

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks great
  11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looking good. Have a great winter
  12. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That's a first plow truck? Damn. I've never owned a truck that nice. Good work. I think some ballast would be a good idea with 9'2" of V plow handing off the front though.
  13. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

looks very sexy! love the truck!
  14. procutsnow

procutsnow Member

Thanks, I don't like stuff breaking down so I generally buy new (no guarantee but it helps). I own two small apartment complexes that I am plowing which pretty much pays for the truck and plow. The paying accounts and subbing I am have picked up is just gravy, I have a lot of free time in the winter and I'm a hands on type of person so I popped on the new truck and plow. Plus with the bonus depreciation in 2010 it's a great year to buy equipment, I also bought a new Kubota ZG227 27hp 60" zero turn and a landscape trailer with Stihl trimmers and blower this Spring.

I hate paying someone else to plow or mow when I can own the equipment, take the depreciation and generate extra revenue at the same time. It really only costs me time and if plowing works out the way mowing did I will end up paying myself pretty well for my time anyways.
  15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. Them Boss V-XT plows look like a realy good plow.
  16. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

that boss looks awesome! you can stack some snow with that babyThumbs Up
  17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Man that's a sweet set up!
  18. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking rig.
  19. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

I gotta agree.....haha