1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my first plow rig...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

1967 wheel horse, Over sized engine,cut hole into hood, covered with cake pan, one headlight and custom exhaust ! It had the up and down lever and a right and left lever, never had to leave the seat. I used to wheelie the thing up and down the road with the plow on it. I pushed a lot of snow with this thing. When my dad got rid of it about 5 years ago it still had the original tires. ran it from like 10 - 16 years old.

172883_1274131870252_1738594572_511264_4323504_o.jpg

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That thing sounds like a beast. To bad your Dad sold it.

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks like fun too

4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Nice. Here's mine:

[​IMG]
    pat5 by affekonig2000, on Flickr

I think it's an early 70s JD 100 with a custom blade by yours truly. This thing was also a wheelie and burnout machine. It's in pieces at my Uncle's house and was offered to me last summer. I might be getting it back and putting it together soon.

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Great looking lawn tractor! Here's mine. Pulled it out of a junkyard when I was 11. Had it fully restored by the time I was 13, plowed with it from 13-16 then it was my personal plow for my driveway on small storms until I sold it when I was 20 a few years ago. I stuffed a 20 horse Kawasaki in there instead of the stock 12 horse. I wish I had a digital camera back when I was doing the restoration. It was a heap when I got it. I miss it.

1.JPG