1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my first paint job..

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Feb 4, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

so this last fall was my last semster in highschool, i decided to take the chance and go to tech school for auto body/ paint..i've allways loved it and wanted to get to know it and maybe make that what i do for the rest of my life..so i brought my f-250 in there..looked real tired and needed a face lift i sprayed it myself and i'm so happy with how it turned out..i have some more in mind for it(running boards,bull bar for summer, back rack..ect)

anyhow heres the transformation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 91AK250

3. 91AK250

4. 91AK250

5. 91AK250

6. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I guess I'm missing something, is that the new paint job? all primered and sanded and still original paint? :dizzy:

7. 91AK250

all wet sanded ready for tape..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 91AK250

i have a ton of pics...

red sealer..
    [​IMG]

2 coats base coat
    [​IMG]

3 coats of clear
    [​IMG]

9. 91AK250

10. 91AK250

[​IMG]

how she looks now
    [​IMG]

and with the plow
    [​IMG]

11. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I was just bustin your bawls earlier!! I like the transformation, trucks looks a LOT better than original and you did it right! :salute: We salute you

12. 91AK250

thanks! its weird how this forum doesnt let you post more then 3 pics at a time..lol

it took from september till october before she was ready to go home.

13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice. I did the same thing with a 92 ranger I had I striped it down to bare metal and started from there. It turned out pretty good for a novice body man and painter.

14. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

sweet. i love that color on these trucks. didn't want to take mine away from the orginal colors, smoke with the light smoke stripe.

nice to beable to say ya did it yerself, i think i'm on my 5th paint job now. last couple look decient

great job on yours. the hours of body work pays off :yow!:

15. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Great job! First I thought you were going black, then white, then I wasn't sure! Quick question.... do you have to change anything with the DMV and the title since it's a different color? I could see it being a hairy situation if Barney bags you for a brake light out or something.... we could be bailing you out of jail for what they think is falsified documents or grand theft!!

16. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Nice Work!

17. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

what plow w/ sides is that? hiniker?

18. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

its a boss and nice paint job and did i see a girl in the shop working on it?

19. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

did you make the sides or buy them?

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The paint looks beautifull. Did you have to pay anything or did your school fit the bill?