1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first online video advertisement

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, May 23, 2010.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I hired a marketing guy to put together several different types of marketing materials from print, videos, new website, pro video and photography etc over the next year.

Anyways, there will eventually be several different videos similar to this posted in a video gallery on my new website that is in the works. We are also going to add shots of salting, and stack snow after the storm into this video.

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Looks awesome Collin I hope it brings it a bunch of business for you guys
  3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

that looks great!...hope it brings in some nice accounts
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I like it. Good luck with it.
  5. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

great vid collin :drinkup:
  6. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Hey collin

Very nice. I always like seeing your posts.
    I would also like to say that I really really like your logo. Very modern, clean and professional. Did you have it professionaly designed?

I like the video a lot and it is well made. One thing I would consider doing is adding more "sites" in the video as you expand. That will show that everyone wants you and that you're everywhere at once!

Congrats on everything
  7. merrimacmill

from MA

Thanks! Ya, we put this idea together a few days before the last storm of the season. The guy came to our Lowes site and filmed that night and did not have time to visit all our other sites, and also did some footage of salting and snow stacking the next morning which is not pictured here. I hope to get more next year, but in the mean time he is shooting landscaping work. Everything from loading mulch in the yard, to laying pavers, etc. Again, like I said there will be several videos very similar to this targeting different market segments.
  8. merrimacmill

from MA

Also, the logo is professionally designed. Still kind of in the works. Each color in each quadrant of that logo is going to represent a different season of services we offer on our new website. The mouse scrolls over the orange, a window will pop up with information of fall services to lead you into that section of the website, and so on. At least that is the concept we are going on right now.

I am currently adopting this new "clean" sleek and modern look that you will start to notice in my future postings. Heres a picture of my new set up on one of the trucks. The graphics were done in vinyl that makes it look like sand blasted glass. I put it on red paint, and it is hardly noticeable, but its semi transparent. If you look at it on a hard angle, you can't even see its there. But straight on, it looks like silver lettering if the sun is right.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  9. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Wow thats cool. I like that idea for your personal truck but if it is not super noticeable at all times do you want that on all your rolling billboards? Man I'm loving your clean, modern professional theme though and that's a great idea for the website with the colour and windows.