1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first LED light bar

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Well after the week we've had this didn't surprise me at all. I noticed my strobes were unusually bright two nights ago so I stopped to take a look and found my lens for my Whelen Guardian is missing. I have a amber lens for it but I have a thing for clear lenses, lol. Plus this light has flown off its magnetic/suction cup mount a few times going down the interstate and I noticed the cheap plastic tabs were broke off. Sooooo I stopped into my Fisher dealer and of course he only has a big dollar light bar left but it was very bright and cool so I had to buy it. Any ways its a Whelen Respoder LP with a clear'ish/amber lens, super bright LED's and 50 flash patterns (who in the he!! needs 50 flash patterns) but of course I went through all 50 a couple times. Hopefully it holds up, its pretty heavy duty with a aluminum base and looks to be heavier duty hardware compared to my old light. The old one still works but its been in snow, freezing rain, nasty slush etc for 2 days so I'm sure its not going to last much longer.
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Congrats on the new member to the family, Lets see a pic.
  3. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

i have one they are awesome superbright
  4. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Cool congrats i hvae 2 of those on my 2 trucks
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Holy cow! I used them tonight for the first time and they are very bright! I see LED's all over the place and some are barley visible but these were reflecting off of street signs a couple blocks away....sweet!
  7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Yep! Till day comes and you drive around all day with it on cause you forgot about it I have went nto stores came out a half hour later and saw it on lol