1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first Fisher and V blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Brian Young, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We just bought a 8'6" Fisher Extreme SS V blade and put it on our 06 F250SD. I have never used a V blade before what can I expect? Just the looks of it is intimidating,lol.
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

really fast hydraulics compared to other fisher models! i find it amazing!!! congrats on the purchase...get some pics up!
  3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

You're going to love it! With the new control system, the new Fisher V is EXTREMELY versatile!
  4. Ripple

Ripple Member

Well if you have accounts that now take you 1 hour to plow...with the Vplow it will only take 40-45 minutes maybe!

If you ever get a big storm and the state trucks plow in an entrance to a driveway you can put the plow in "V " postion and break through!

When you get to the end you can almost stack the snow with the plow in the "scoop" position.

Good luck have fun!
  5. Evan Freiling

Evan Freiling Junior Member

I have the same truck,not sure if yours is diesel or not.Iam thinking of the same blade,it sounds very heavy though.How bad does the truck squat when lifted.How are the controls to operate,what controller did you get.Installed what did you pay if you dont mind.Thanks for the info. Evan Freiling
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We bought a gasser (5.4L) with a 4:10 limited slip differential and it has the snow plow prep package with the 5200lb front end. As far as the weight I don't think its any heavier than any other plow of that size. If so there's probably only a difference of 50lbs or so. The dealer said I can hang a 9'2 on it no problem. I went with the Fish Stick controller and man is it quick!:nod: I paid $5151.00 plus 6% tax, so around $5400'ish. I get it installed this Thursday so I don't know how bad it will sag if at all. I'll let you know.