1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my first condo acct

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jblatti13, Dec 5, 2009.

1. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

dont know where these people got my ad from, but im glad i got it. after 2 weeks of back and forth phone calls with the treasurer, she called today and accepted, sounded happy about it actually. i guess their guy last year ripped them off on salt charges pretty bad. im not giving my price out but ill just say its about 1 1/2 hours of normal rate. 100% positive it wont take an hour, but they were happy with it, and so am I.pic below, red outlines the lot and blue shades where im going to put the snow. theres only 8-10 tenants so no need for those extra 6 spaces on each side of grage.

2301 bic..jpg

2. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

condo's are always fun to do..good luck

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Congrats, that place should only take 15 minutes. I wouldn't put much snow on the blvd. Block the view of cars pulling out and dead grass

4. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

yea that space between the drives wont see much snow. my best bet is those extra spaces. im thinking this should be an easier one to start off with larger accounts. that picture only shows a few cars, and when i went to look at it there were only 4 cars so hopefully it stays that way when i plow. if not oh well, for the price im getting, going back a few hours later on the way home wont bother me. and she did ask for a salt price and wanted to know if id do it on request. told her yeah and im going to make a pretty good penny on that too since my salt costs were next to nothing this year. im getting excited, just waiting for this weeks storm to roll in!

what problems have you had with condos? they actually asked me to bill every 2 weeks as opposed to monthly, so i went right along with it. my 1st cousin is a lawyer so if i ever run into those problems, my contracts were looked over and i dont think collecting wil become an issue!

5. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Be clear on who runs the show. Is the board? Is it a property mgmt. company. The owners love to think they do and in a way they do of course.

Can be annoying depending on how picky they are sometimes. None the less you've gotten just do a good job and start hitting up all the business around this one.

6. AIMscapes

AIMscapes Member

I say its worth $120. Do you have to shovel walks or just clear the lot? Whatever you do, don't give out your cell to anyone other than the property manager. You will regret giving it to all the old ladies when they call you at 2 AM wondering why you aren't there. Good luck.

7. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

haha yeah the only people that have it are the tenants that set up the account for me, which have since moved to arizona so they wont be calling, and the treasurer of the association. shes the only one ive been in contact with. they only have my business line so if it rings at 3am its on vibrate and i wont know until i get up. $120 was close, i figured that but went a little higher :)

8. AIMscapes

AIMscapes Member

Sounds like this will work out very well for you.

9. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Good job on landing the account. Should take all of 20 minutes in average snow.
    Oh, and don't worry what others tell you about condos. I have about 400 units we clear snow for and have very few problems.