1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first chevy since I was 16

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hammerstein, Dec 24, 2010.

1. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Well more for my wife and kids, but at least when we all go places I don't have to get in a car anymore. When I was 16 I had a 1978 Chevy 3/4 ton crew cab pick up (custom deluxe i might add) for a year then sold it to buy GMC and then 8 more GMC's followed. This is the one I test drove, but it does not have 2nd row heated buckets so they are getting one from a dealer in Michigan on Monday.

2. RN Lawncare

RN Lawncare Member

looks awesome!!! I love the rims on those. brand new?
  3. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

Looks great. My 08 Silverado (same chassis, engine, trans axles etc) is about to cross over 150k zero problems. Tough as nails truck.

Id love to get one in black or navy blue. My buddy has a black tahoe with FD strobes in windshield and grill...everyone gets out of his way on the highway.
  4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Very nice! Yeah it's getting to be my time too. The wife keeps bugging me about offing the mommy van since the kids are older now.
  5. Marek

Marek Senior Member

You will love it. I bought the wife a LTZ Suburban last yr and she has put 40 k on it already. The only the thing I cant stand is the factory gps is junk
  6. hammerstein

Thank you for the compliments. My wife refused to be a mini van mom which is A OK by me EH OK if in Canada.
    It seems like the GPS you have to call onstar and they send it the directions to navigate to your destination. Is that correct? If so lame they just want the subscription to onstar then.
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you are talking about the screen in the console then you don't have to call in. I know you can't put in a destination while you are moving, you have to be in park. I was going to get that in my truck but it was $4200 in Canada.
  8. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

good for her just make sure she can drive it if you shop at marcs or target you know what in talking about:nod:
  9. hammerstein

My wife is queen of shopping and parking lots only like 3 accidents in them. Éarlier this year her and some other women were walking out of the mall together and chatted along the way, got in their cars and backed into each other. Both had state farm insurance and equally responsible so no deductible.