1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first brake down this year!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Well after plowing 4 times this year, The dodge finally had a problem...

The fun part was watchin it fly threw the parking lot. I actually heard it, then saw the hook part of the spring skip across the ground, then the spring flying and waving threw the air. I would say that it flew about 60 ft. lol.

IMG_1281.JPG

2. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

YEHAA!! just glad it went forward and not back through your windsheild!!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

After the first time it happened to me i didn't have a spare with me had to go home.Now I keep spares and a hack saw because a lot of times you can't get the nut off. For the eye bolt make sure it's longer than the original or it won't reach when you try and put the spring back on.

4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

I kept plowing for about 3 more hours. My wing would still come back. it was just really slow. or you had to be pushing snow for it to come back quicker. Your right i had to cut the old eye off. And your right I had to find a longer eye to get a spring back on. lol.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:drinkup: :D

I have yet to see one go flying.:eek: I only hear the thunk.

It's a good idea to carry a spare spring and I-bolt.

6. Midwest BuildIt Inc

heres the thing. that wing was all the way forward. spring stretched out all the way. now i didnt just put the wing forward, it had been like that for three pushes. I backed up dropped the blade and bang.lol.

7. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Wow lucky no one was hurt or it hit another vehicle or store window or something. I wonder if it is worth the effort to thread a kevlar or other strong rope througjh the middle of spring and eye hook to keep future failures from flying.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

When you put the new springs on I tighten it down just enough so it brings the blade back. I know it sucks plowing with a broken flipper. If it happens I plow a lot in the scoop position.