1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My first bidding help question

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lumps, Oct 7, 2008.

1. lumps

lumps Senior Member

One of the first commercial lots I've had to bid, and it's a bit complex. The blue area is unused parking lot that I can pile snow in, the green areas are grass I can pile on. There is a sidewalk across the whole front of the property (red line), but I should be able to do that in one pass with the truck. I'm thinking my truck with the 8' blade, and a skid with an 8' pushbox (helpful for getting into the spots). Ideas on time required?? Let me know if you need any other details.

[​IMG]

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

1.5-2 hrs it looks like you will have to carry some snow unless you can put snow in the SW and SE corners of the big lot. The sidewalk will be a crapshoot depending on snow the city plows are going by at 40 mph throwing snow on the sidewalk it could be pretty heavy/packed. Good luck.

3. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Ok, updated drawing... the orange lines surround the property, the rest is another property. The yellow lines are where cars park. And all snow has to end up in either the blue or green areas. Hope this makes it a little clearer. Also, for scale, that top section of lot, from the red line to the right end of the blue area is about 650'. Thanks for the help!

[​IMG]

4. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Running a single truck, does about 2 hours sounds right?