1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My First 1-ton Dump

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Striper1263, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

I just picked up this 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 With a 8' Western Plow. One of my tennants is going out of business and sold it to me after alot of back and forth negotiating.

It only has 49,000 miles on a 5.7 litre 350. I don't think he ever washed it since he bought it, this thing was nasty. I would never think about selling a piece of equipment unless it was cleaned and detailed. oh well that just me.....

Anyway, there's a couple of things I have planned for this truck and would love your opinions on Strobe placement for the rear as well as any ideas for the front. Weather it would be a mini lightbar or flush mounted LEDS? Lert me know what you think.

Some of the things I plan on doing.
    1. Sand Blast the bed
    2. Wheel Simulators
    3. Possibly a body lift
    4. Looking for a V-Plow
    5. Strobes / Lighting
    6. Sand Blast and paint plow

Thanks, Guys

Doug

100_3096.jpg

100_3097.jpg

100_3098.jpg

100_3099.jpg

100_3101.jpg

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

pretty sweet truck, what did you pay for it?

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Not bad, Have fun with it. Thumbs Up

4. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

I bought it for $10,000.00 with the plow. He started out last year wanting 22. I told him "GOOD LUCK".

I think I got a good deal!

5. Sp3cialized

Sp3cialized Member
    from CT

Crank those Tbars! Get that front end up off the ground a bit I bet your power steering/front end components will like you a lot more!

6. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

looks like you could use a new cutting edge. Shold plow alot of snow. Good luck with it.

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

good luck with it doug did u get the fords all fixed up?

8. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

nice dump... on a side note. do you have a better picture of your dodge? i have an 05 and want to get some different wheels and tires and like to see how different wheels look on a truck before i buy them.

9. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Definatly take care of that body. once they start getting just alittle rust on them forget it. ive been meaning to get a price to rhino line the underside of my dump body, mine has some rust on it and its only an 07! but if I where you id be more concerned with doing some serious maintenance on that thing like changing fluids and oils and inspecting the plow.

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I would trick that thing out with some sick looking led lights.

11. BlackBirdWS.6

BlackBirdWS.6 Member

I really like the Cheyenne body style,it just looks like a work truck. I deff crank up the T-bars and throw some Timbrens on her though..

12. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Hey Chris...My mechanic doesn't work as fast as I ned him to. I just got back the 92 chevy he put a transmission in. He had almost a month. Need to look or a new mechanic!!!

Good Luck this Year!

13. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Let me try to send these...

100_2605.jpg

100_2627.jpg

100_2608.jpg

14. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup! good luck with it!

15. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Im open to any suggestions. As you can see there are no lights what-so-ever on the truck. I want to light it up but do it right the first time.

16. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Thanks...The first in a line of many hopefully. Will be adding a under the tsil gate spreader as well in the future.

Always admired you set up as well.

Doug

17. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

If it was me I think i'd put some of those oval led power up strobes on the back sides of the dump in the boxes they make pointing back with another set of tail lights in the same spot. maybe a small led lightbar on the cab and some more power up strobes in the bulkhead on the sides and front! that's just me thought, i like my trucks to look like a disco ball rolling down the road! Good luck with it seem's to be in good shape.

18. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

I have the same truck, but with 6.5td and fisher 8.5 HD is yours 4x4?

19. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

Thumbs Upheres one that I have

winter and some 266.jpg

20. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Yes mine is a 4x4.