1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My F700

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by JPLTrucking, Sep 14, 2005.

1. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

I just picked up this 78 F700. It needs a little clean up and a paint job, but is otherwise very solid. I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience plowing with a truck like this and any mechanical problems you may have encountered.
    I will post additional pictures after the paint job.

f700.jpg

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck buddy :salute:

3. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

As with any dump truck you will have the visibility issues. Possible traction problems with 2 wheel drive. You will need ballast in it. I know some guys get a load of stone and dump it in their driveway when done. These are usually guys not using the truck again until spring as the gravel tends to freeze in there.

4. Fastcar

Fastcar Member
    from MA

No, but I knew the folks who owned the farm. About 30 years ago.

Roy

5. Olderthandirt

Olderthandirt Member

Used one just like it a few years ago. Chain the tires and needed only about 2k for ballast. It was a work horse and did a great job, parts are getting hard to find when you need them now