1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My F250 plowing Home Depot

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Andy96XLT, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

Well I finally got some pics up of my truck working. I am a chemist by profession but I worked at home depot all through college and still work there now a little bit since they were good to me. Yesterday I ended up helping out at work by plowing inside the garden gates. It was me and the store tool rentals mini excavator. I didn't get paid except for my normal pay, but they did fill up my gas tank a little, so it's okay will me. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure!

2. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

And a few more

and last, an action shot:

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks good...i love those body style of fords
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup's .

but that plow needs a refurb on the skin this summer. fresh paint make it work better & new edge before you wear past the bottom of the plow on the right side. . Thumbs Up
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  5. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I can't wait to paint it and get a new cutting edge, but it will last the rest of the season :)

Also, I am not a complete idiot, I signed a full release of liability and so did my manager and an assistant manager, outside garden is closed from customers until March. I did this to help them out and I offered. This is a one man operation and I am the owner, I am not worried.
  6. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I would have done the same thing. Heck anymore it seems like I do more free jobs then paid, but I don't care I just really like plowing and if I can help out my family and friends I have no problem with that. What size tires are you running, they look like they would rub at full lock.
  7. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

Thanks a lot for the comment guys, i didn't think it was that big of a deal, but i'm really not one to pick a fight, i thought maybe he was just annoyed he was a patriots fan. The tires are 315 something.. i can't remember at the moment but i'll check tomorrow morning. They use to rub a little but the bumper is cut back a tad so its okay.
  8. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Agreed. Go pats, oh wait, there done. Nice pics!
  9. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Looks like you had a fun day at work, nothing wrong with helping out when you can. have a great year.
  10. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

love the look of that truck Andy96XLT the wheel/tire set-up makes the truck a little bit meaner looking then it already is!!
  11. plow3232

plow3232 Senior Member

x2 I can't understand why someone will say something negative when someone helps.
  12. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

May sound silly but that Home Depot looks very familiar, I know theyre all pretty much the same but which one is it if ya dont mind my asking?
  13. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I would of passed on that job. You got used.
  14. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

plowing with 35s!!! wow that sounds like it might be alot of work for the truck if it has stock gears but i guess if your nice to it youd be ok... is it a 351? reading abot eglc getting owned in all these threads is entertaining
  15. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

You probably will not get many responses because no one on here wants to work for you....

Nice Looking truck!
  16. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Wow some people are really brutal on here.

To the OP, nice job and nice truck. Which Home Depot was that?
  17. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

I dont think EGLC is wrong. You are not plowing for a friend. You are plowing a business. This would be a totally different thread if you had blown you trans and had only been paid your regular wage and $50 in gas. Everyone would be saying that you got screwed.
  18. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I consider it plowing for a friend, although I do understand that it is a business,and I did take the risk and I stand by it, I completely understand that 100%. I have been at that place for 5 years now, and if it makes shorter work out of what I would normally be doing (it was mine and a couple other peoples jobs to shovel outside garden) than it is okay by me. And if my transmission blew moving that little bit of snow straight, it was going to blow somewhere else anyway :)

The truck does have the 351 with stock 410 gears, but it handles the tires pretty well.

Also, I am making almost double the $12 an hour you are calling.

Lastly, its the Flemington/Raritan HD.
  19. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

nice truck
  20. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

nice truck. get a set of snow tires/rims in the stock 235 85 16 size. i can gaurantee you'll be amazed at how much those 315's are limiting you. you may not notice a big difference in a flat parking lot, but in a driveway with an incline/turns and the difference will be night and day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.