1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My experience with Lipinski

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by greenworld, Apr 19, 2011.

1. greenworld

greenworld Junior Member

I have read the posts about the 'National' companies and the negative experiences that snow providers have had with these companies. I figured they could not be that bad and when I was contacted by Lipinski to take over a site in my service area, I decided to accept it. What happened from there was unbelievable. Well, after signing their schedule 'b' and waiting for my master service agreement some one in management decides to award the site to another contractor. This is after I secure a loader and have it transported. A Lipinski account manager apologizes for the mistake. 4 days later an adminstrative assistant emails me that she 'got the approval' to reimburse me for my expenses. The email stated that I needed to submit and invoice and wait for payment. Well, 4 months later the Director of Operations for Lipinski decides to only reimburse me for 1/2 of my expenses. I recieve a check for 1/2 my expenses and an inhouse form from Lipinski for 'Adjustment to Original Invoice'. No letter, no explanation, nothing. So in short, I should have given Mr. Lipinski my $ and not answered the email that day. I would have been a lot happier.

I never plowed snow for them and I am in the red..wow, great business model Mr. Lipinski. Thanks to your incredible staff for never responding to my inquiries as to why I am not getting the other half of the $. Your company admitted they made a mistake, yet I am paying.

I guess your values are not integrity and honesty?

In closing, I want to thank Lipinski for teaching me 'how not to treat a sub contractor'.

Good luck to anyone working for a national company. I will never sub for one again.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Not to be an a$$ or anything, but you even admitted you read all the other threads. I guess it takes a slap on the wrist for most people to learn. Keep your head up, and use that knowledge to make an example of. As long as you learn from your mistakes, it might be worth the money you lost. Good Luck next season!!
  3. greenworld

greenworld Junior Member

I attended the 'school of hard knocks'. Lesson learned...on to working for more profitable clients.

Maybe Lipinski needs the $ more than me...maybe I had a better season than him?
  4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

it is too bad what happened to you, although having read all the threads, i dont see this as a big surprise
  5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

GW, maybe you should have waited till you got the master contract? Sounds like your fault not theirs. I have work for them for three years and they are one of the best "nationals" to work for.
  6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Just to clarify here

-They award him the contract
    -he fills out their schedule b contract and waits for their main contract he starts to make arrangements to fulfill the contract
    -the national awards it to someone else also and it is Greenworlds fault?

if the person who contacted him had the right to award the contract to him, and did verbally over the phone or through email, and told him they were sending out the paper work for him to complete, then the verbal confirmation should be considered law binding. Of course you have to PROVE this all happened. The same national would be hoping up and down if there was a snow fall, and the contractor refused service until the contract was done.

Now I agree that getting the equipment before signing the written contract was a bit fool hardy, but I don't see how it is "his fault" , these nationals run around not knowing what their own employees are doing from one day to the next, what agreements are made or not, and making errors like this and believing it is ok to do so.

All this is just my opinion but I don't really see the OP being at fault
  7. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I kid you not, we probably have 10 contracts that we have been told we have, and a month into servicing them we might be lucky to have a signed contract. I would have been just as mad as GW
  8. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Its a fine line being the little guy and trying to be a hard a$$ to a national company to get a contract signed. Jon I'm sure you guys are flexible toward the big companys, which I'm sure has helped your growth, but could leave you vulnerable if some ****** has a bad day. Looks like a serious lack of communication on Lipinski's end and also a lack of caring toward subs. Kinda sucks....
  9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Me I won't service unless it's in ink, so maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it is what it is. Again my experience is they treat me well.

SPEEDSKI Junior Member

Lilweeds, you are being a LilDICK!

Unless you are "Super Sub Contractor" One day you will come here to moan and groan about getting screwed by someone and we will all rub your nose in it too. See you soon. LOL
  11. greenworld

greenworld Junior Member

I do not want to print names but we had verbal confirmation of contract...date of confirmation was about 2nd week in December...anyone who pushes snow knows its hard to find a loader at that time...had to work hard to secure one...as for who had the contract...all email and voice mail communications are stored on hard drive...have all documentation that Lipinski stated they would reimburse me for my expenses...since I wont be working for them, can post all email communciation for all to see.

I do not doubt that they are a good company...just that in my case, they have dropped the ball. what is promised today is quickly forgotten tomorrow.

Life goes on...there are more lots that need a good contractor to keep'em clear!