1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SharpBlades, Jan 4, 2012.

1. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Finally I will have a thread where I can post pics of my equipment...

My fleet:

2. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Looking good! Nice fleet of Chevys!
  3. SharpBlades

My baby all detailed and fluid filmed.... 2002 2500HD 8.5' xtreme v and snowex 1075... only about 45,000 miles but already had the transmission replaced and the transfer case replaced :mechanic:

4. SharpBlades

Thanks, I see you run the best brand truck on earth also Thumbs Up
  5. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks pretty good, except for the yellow and silver things hanging off the front. And the stuff behind the plows. lol
  6. SharpBlades

I quick photo in front of my shop before heading out to plow yesterday.

truck at shop.jpg
  7. SharpBlades

There is one red one... its just hard to see lol
  8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Trucks look great.Have a good season.
  9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

pics look great, one thing ive noticed on our chevy as well, themount/towers sit so far out in front. the clearance between the bumpers and towers are much closer on our fords
  10. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

:eek: Did I read that right? 45,000 on a 02?!

Nice fleet ya got there
  11. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Fleet looks great...except for that red plow :D
  12. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

whats all that stuff on the ground?

13. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing: We wouldn't know. We don't get that stuff anymore!
  14. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

Pretty typical, I had a 99 chevy 2500 6.0. I had to put a new tranny in at 62000 miles. :mad:
  15. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Looks good, have a good season.
  16. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Huh....well my 05 has 160,000 hard plowing miles and I havent had to change the tranny yet.
  17. SharpBlades

02 chev with 45000 miles

The transmission was rebuilt at 18,000 miles 2 or so years ago, but was done under the dealer warranty and was just slapped back together. Then the tranny was replaced about a year and a half ago with a jasper after the re-build grenaided. :realmad:

then in november the truck wasn't driving well and there was a driveline vibration that I just couldn't place... :confused:

It turned out to be the transfer case ran dry... :eek: the shop that put the tranny on did not use the little plastic pieces where the tranny and t-case bolt together to prevent aluminum/steel contact, so needless to say, the bolt connections had rotted out causing the ATF to leak out of the case. Also, they did not torque some of the mounts or something? and the transfer case had 2 hairline cracks.

I don't think it is a problem with chevys in particular, I found out that this truck was a fleet truck used in the city by a parking company as a full time plow truck... so it was rode hard and put away wet.

Ive got another Chevy (01) that has 110,000 and has had no problems, and another 02 2500hd with 180,000 that is still rock solid minus the body (knock on wood)

All in all I could have bought another truck with the money that i have put into that one in the last 2 years, but what fun would that be? payup
  18. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I love your gray 02. Had the exact truck except 01 and loved it. Too bad it was totaled
  19. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

OK, I admit I am a Boss guy and there are not many of these plows around here but do they ALL hang so far out in front of the truck? Not starting a brand war but this just looks a little strange to me.
  20. SharpBlades

The vee blade seems to hang a bit farther out than the fisher on the half ton. Maybe just because it is a vee?

The one thing that I did like about the boss plows was how close they were to the truck, but I have 3 fisher dealers within 20 minutes of me and most guys around me run fisher anyways... So yellow hangs on my trucks.