1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by exmark, Dec 4, 2011.

1. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Heres a couple pic's I took today. Ill have more to post up as the season goes on. The trucks a 2010 Ford F.250 with a 8.6 western MVP. I push 4 parking lots and right at 30 driveways. Bought it brand new before last winter, this will be my second season plowing with it.

Picture 1.png

Picture 1.png

2. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Pic 2

Im currently debating on putting a leveling kit in before the snow starts flying.

3. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Heres pic two.

Picture 2.png

Picture 2.png

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Looks good! With some ballast it should sit just fine?

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Everything looks great. I have the same plow. Have you considered putting the wings on? They work great, really cut down on plowing time.

6. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I always to carry about 150 lb's of salt with me. It does help.

I have considered it, I was at my dealer for there plow days that they have every year and they had a set on the same plow and it looked sweet. Im still thinking about it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  7. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

If you think 150lbs helps, try ~600-700lbs behind the rear axle, you'll be amazed, helps level it, and alot more traction.

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

thats closer to what I was thinking....I cant imagine 150lbs in the bed of a truck like that even being noticable?

9. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice looking truck, What do you have for lighting ?

10. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Its not really that noticeable, I just haven't carried much more than that because I also carry two snowblowers, shovels, gas tanks and sometimes a push spreader depending on the storm. It is a long box but that stuff takes up some room. Ill try and add some more weight over the axle.

Thanks, I have a whelen responder.

11. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

I have 500lbs in against the tailgate of my truck. It leveled it out perfectly and i dont even use four wheel drive when plowing.

12. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck, how do you like the western?

13. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Good looking set up. What's dripping off the truck in the pictures did you blow a hose on the plow?

14. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Ill probably try to do something with it this week. I always keep snow blowers against the tailgate though. It would be nice to push with out using four wheel drive.

Thanks, I like it a lot. This is my first plow, I have ever bought/used. I really want to try a wideout though and compare.

Thanks. Im not sure what that is now that you point that out. I had it sitting at my house and it wasn't leaking. We don't have any snow in the forecast so I took it back to my shop and snapped these pic's. Ill take a look at it.

15. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Heres my two new blowers I picked up about a month ago. There both toro 4 cycle.

Picture 1.png

Picture 1.png

16. bulhead19@aol.c

bulhead19@aol.c Junior Member

How do you like them 4 strokes Toros versus the old 2 cycles? Are those the 87cc models?

17. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I haven't been able to use them yet. There both new this year and we haven't had any snow :realmad:

18. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Looks like water. Probably just washed it? Or it rained..

Nice truck :nod:

19. greatdanenick

greatdanenick Junior Member

Nice,i like my power clears.

20. snowguy27

snowguy27 Junior Member

What model snow throwers are those Toros?