1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Equipment/Toys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BushHogBoy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

here they be.........

1.jpg

2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Ok I guess I'm going to post them seperately so they automatically load. I hate having to click each individual one...

2.jpg

3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

3.jpg

4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

4.jpg

5. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

5.jpg

6. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

6.jpg

7. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

7.jpg

8. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

8.jpg

9. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

///////////////////////////////////

9.jpg

10. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

As said, excellent truck, excellent plow. How do you like it for plowing? Love the Dodge's

11. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

10.jpg

12. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

--------------------------

11.jpg

13. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Thanks BD. Well we haven't had any snow really (look at the background of the pics) just got less than an inch over a couple days so i was just playin around in whatever I could find :rolleyes: but I do like the setup. My favorite part about it all (besides lookin so cool and beefy, mean and tough) is that it's all indestructable and if anything did break, I can fix most anything on the truck with what I would carry in my portable toolbox :) Its a beast and it actually turns heads too LOL. I think since these old '70's Dodge trucks are not too common around here they tend to turn heads especially when its got a plow on front.

I will be adding more pictures later so don't forget to check back in everyone!

14. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Could be the camouflage?

J/K - looks good. That thing will push well, and probably last forever if you can keep the rust under control. Glad you got it put together!

15. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

crashz,
    thanks. The rust isn't as bad as I would have expected for the age honestly so we're doing alright. Hopefully in the next few years I can do a frame off restoration :eek:
    This summer I think its gonna get lifted 4" or so and get a set of 33's or 35's, maybe even a set of 36" Hummer tires (other guys have put them on their M880's and they look really great). 4" might not be high enough for that much though. Don't want to go higher than 4" right now, as after that you end up having to extend and modify alot of parts. We'll see when the time comes. Also going to repaint it either all drab or do authentic camoflage. Then when it gets the restoration, have all the body work redone and make it all nice.

16. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Nice, Power Wagon!!!!

You just have to love those old dodges :D

17. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

:salute:
    I do! I absolutely love it!!!!! This summer when I get money I'm going to start collecting them! LOL No really I would love to do that if I can. They're just way too cool and a really tough truck. The main thing I like about them, is they're fairly unique. This one is by name not a PowerWagon, but it really is a PowerWagon... It was a W-200 model that was sold to the military, labeled an M880. These came with beefed up springpacks in the rear, boosting the payload capacity to 2,500# so the military called it a 1 1/4 ton truck. The tires on it are Daytona Radial Stag 235/85/16 M/S and have load rating E, they don't squat even a tiny bit with the plow lifted and 600# in the bed, and a tank full of gas.

I wanna see pics of your '74 Dodge! Please?! :waving: :salute:

18. shadled

shadled Junior Member
    from SC Pa

I am glad I am not the only one that is plowing with an M880. :waving:

Shadled

19. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Think twice before lifting a plow truck like ours. I have my 87 Ramcharger (which the frame is an original 79 RC snow commander by the way) lifted 4 inches and it is a bear to see what is in front of you when in tight spaces. I am used to it since I have had it for 8 years and been trail riding a lot. I had the old military bias ply goodyear HMMV 36 inch tires on it for a while, but radials grip and ride much better in the snow. ( Mud was excellent).

20. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Shadled,
    Yep I remember seeing a picture post of your M880. They are so tough aren't they? And so simple it's great! I love the look of them, and its a beast for plowing :)

ta3834bbl,
    Thanks for the heads up on the tires. Maybe I'll stick with 33's as I don't want to lift it much. Yeah you got me thinking maybe a 2" lift to clear the tires and add a tiny bit of ground clearance, but 2" won't affect visibility too bad? I could care less about a lift on it but I'd like to get a little more clearance if possible. Its not bad as it is, but the plow mount sits low and the receiver hitch is a little lower too. In my buddy's trucks in the huge storm we had before X-mas, I noticed we would have got stuck alot less if we had more clearance as most times we got stuck was just becuase the frames were hung up (often the plow mount). So I would just leave it like it is and not lift it, leave these tires on it too except that I think a little clearance would help. Of course we'll probably never see a snow like that again but a little lift wouldn't hurt ;) I likely won't really do hardly any off roading in it but I might change my mind on that too :)
    thanks,
    Eric