1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My employees foot was crushed

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by plowguy44, Jul 16, 2014.

1. plowguy44

plowguy44 Junior Member

One of my employees was working on a Pro-Tech while it was connected to a loader and the chain snapped and crushed the guys foot. The bones look like gravel in his foot on the Xray. I would appreciate it if an engineer had specific instructions on the pusher on how to properly connect the bucket to the pusher.

He loved to run, now the poor guy has to run with a limp until his mashed bones heal....

2. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

Wow that's horrible.

3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

That's awful. There should be a number you can call and be transferred to one of their technical reps.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Why was the chain supporting the load without cribbing? Never work under a supported load!! Don't you guys know that.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure they have instructions.

My assumption is you got a pusher, hooked it up as you seen fit, it failed and you want to blame some one else for your lack of knowledge

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

From page two of the PRO-TEC manual, It also includes detailed instructions with PICTURES of the proper way to secure the unit to the bucket. The instructions for all PRO-TEC units can be found here http://protechcorp.com/CustomerService/ManualGuides.aspx

SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
    1. NEVER get under the unit during maintenance procedures without properly securing the unit
    2. ALWAYS take a few minutes to properly secure the unit using dunnage or jack stands to ensure safety during maintenance.
    3. DO NOT rely solely upon the hydraulics of your machine to secure the unit during maintenance.
    4. NEVER get between the prime mover and the unit while attaching.
    5. ALWAYS be sure to keep hands and feet away from designated pinch points.
    6. DO NOT place hands or feet under the unit or the prime mover.
    7. NEVER stand in front of a unit while prime mover is in operation.

7. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

asking for instructions after the fact, doesn't make you look good. Get a lawyer and let him ask questions

8. dieselss

Just reassured me I was right.

9. dieselss

First off,,,,there's 3 sides to every story. We are only hearing 1.
    2nd. If he would have read the instructions it clearly states don't get under it
    No case needed

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

How long did that take to find, 30 seconds?

Op should have lawyer to defend himself. What about the chain maker? Or the binder maker?

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes sir, tis a blameless and litigious society.

12. dieselss

Coffees to hot,,,,I'm sueing

13. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I guess he had the bucket curled forward with only the chain holding it?

14. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

Hear that? That's the sound of all of our workers comp rates going up.

I doubt Pro-tec will be interested in helping out with what is essentially gross negligence...