1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My ebling

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Nov 14, 2010.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Here she is boys. Got my ebling about 3 months ago. It was "last years model" and the only 14 footer they had left. I snapped a few pics just a few mins ago of it. I also have new led work lights on the back. The 2 on the bed rails are on a switch so I can see the wings on my plow. The other 2 are wired to come on when the truck goes in reverese. Also a pic of my switchs mounted in my overhead counsole. (starting from left to right.) Switch 1: Code 3 3 up optix leds (mounted in the grille). Switch 2: Sound off signal 8 light ultra light warning pattern (mounted in the back window). Swtiches 3 and 4 are for the arrow stick. The arrow stick is built into the same light. 3 is for left arrow, 4 is right arrow, and if both are on its center out. switch 5 is for the led work lights on the bed rail. Switch 6 is for the truck plow head light switch. I also have a 4 light ultra light that I am working on mounting in the front window on the pass side. Also trying ti figure out which swtich to mount it on. All my swtiches except for number 6 have relays. And now onto the pics of the plow. I will get pics of the leds and my box all my wiring is run to later.

169.jpg

179.jpg

172.jpg

176.jpg

175.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Looking good! You'll like it!

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Heres a few more.

178.jpg

177.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

174.jpg

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice!!! I also like the work lights. Now all you need is snow. Is the wiring disconnect box for the Ebling from Ebling or did you make that up?

5. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Nice setup!

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Last one. Thanks guys.

173.jpg

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very nice!...did you have the install done & where at? If so, how long did the install take? Congrats!

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks real good...seeing all these pics of guys getting snow stuff ready...is getting me real excited for the season. Best time of the year to be on ps

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thanks. They are very bright. I made that box myself. I couldn't get the holesaw kit out and drill into the box. I just couldn't do it. I did have to drill 2 holes for the power cables, but I can live with that because its up high enough and you can't really see it if the box isn't there.

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The snow can't come soon enough.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I did it myself. In total it took about a half day total working non stop. But I did it in about 2 days. Just took my time, and I made the box where the wiring plugs into.

12. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

nice lights whered you get them? what kind? how much?

13. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That thing's going to be so much fun. I wish I had a reason to buy something like that.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I don't like the hole saw kit either. I used a stainless bracket that Ebling supplied for one install and worked pretty good also. I think I might copy your idea for my next one.

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

http://www.laredotrailersupply.com/MWL-01-Heavy-Duty-LED-Work-Light-p/mwl-01.htm
    Shipping is slow. Took about a month to get them. But Worth it because truck and tow wants about 80 for the same light. I ordered 2 at first for the bed rail, My boss saw them and wanted a set, and I wanted another set too so I ordered 4 more.

Pat, you don't really need a reason to buy one. Just buy one and justify it later.

16. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

i had to trim off the lip on the underside of the rail for the box to bolt up flush with the rail. I first copied eblings design, but then didn't want the power cables just sittin on the bottom of the bed and take a chance at something getting smashed. This is the best way to do it.

17. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

I want one even worse now. Just about bought one for this year with the new plow truck but I was uncertain about one of my larger accounts. Now that I got the account back I could just about use one. Maybe I'll be ordering one if we get snow up to wazzzoooo like they say.

18. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Nie looking job with the install.... Keep us posted on how it works.

19. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thanks, I will def post pics of it when I am using it.

20. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

How does the ex cab handle the weight of the plow? I have a 06 2500 HD ex cab and was considering putting a Ebling on it. But I'm concerned with the weight.