1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my Dogg is bleeding green!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by PlowingMI, Feb 11, 2010.

1. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

I had my HD installed mid December and was finally able to break her in after 12 hours of plowing she is bleeding green fluid. Nothing major. It seems as a hose is loose. Any ideas? other then that. She handled great!

2. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

just got mine back with the same problem... was a valve on the power unit. dealer had parts over nighted and fixed the next day... i hope this is the end of the problems as i love the plow.

3. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

Just dropped it off at dealer. It sounds like the same problem.

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I had that problem and found a loose hose a month ago but it still seems to be dripping just a bit let me know what yours was

5. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

mine was a defective releaf valve. I had the replacement hydrolics and they hooked the hoses up wrong which I think effed everything up. Works fine now...

6. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

Dealer said it was over filled and that the fluid was coming from the vent. Stated they drained and refilled to proper level. Hopefully the snow is not done and I will be able to run her again this season.

7. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I also have had the same issue. Mine was a oring that was over tightened. I replaced it and has been fine since.

8. deere615

I took mine to the dealer and they couldnt find anything wrong:help: It hasnt really been leaking much but next time I am there I will have to mention a bad relief valve or oring

9. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

I mentioned that to the dealer. And got that it came over filled. And I still have a few drops after the last snow fall.

10. deere615

Yeah thats basically what they told me but I brought back in december

11. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

That is my plan. I just need to get through the weekend. Sounds like white money falling from the sky this weekend.

12. deere615

Yeah sounds like alota places are getting something. They are calling for a bit here not a huge storm but probably 3-6"

13. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

I hear ya guys, my ex80 is just 4 months old, already i've had one new lift cylinder put on it due to the packing leaking terribly, no matter what my dealer did to it, and so is my new one, it's so bad that i have to keep fluid with me, and yes the packing nut has been tightened by my dealer twice.. wtf... But my angle cylinders don't lose a drop, it's definitely frustrating having to check it during a storm.

14. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

These plows have alot of issues.