1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My dodges

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bradrob82, Dec 12, 2011.

1. bradrob82

bradrob82 Junior Member
    from WV

IMG-20111128-00060.jpg
    IMG-20111128-00061.jpg

Here is my Blue 2000 24v Cummins 2500, Meyer E-47 with ST 7.5 blade and the Red 96 V-10 3500 farm truck.

IMG-20111128-00060.jpg

IMG-20111128-00061.jpg

2. ram4x443015

ram4x443015 Senior Member

nice looking dodges i love the dash in the 96 they need to go back to it

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

great looking rigs!!

Ram are you nuts? you enjoy your beverages spilling down your radio? Id say the 99-02 have the best interior. :salute:

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Welcome to plow site, Do you like the cummins or the v10 better?

5. bradrob82

bradrob82 Junior Member
    from WV

Best all around I would have to say the cummins for fuel mileage, pulling power, and reliability. But I love the V-10 also. One day my father in law was driving the V-10 hooked to our gooseneck horse trailer with 2-15h + horses and a large amount of tack, going up the mountain, he left me in my unloaded cummins in the dust. Needless to say the V-10 has alot of power, just the fuel mileage isnt very good, but what 1 ton pickup is, I get around 15-17 around town in the cummins, and 8-11 in the V-10. Both trucks have 3.55 rears. The V-10 certainly has suprised me, and I am very happy with it, and would certainly buy another one.

6. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

I think you just insulted all diesel guys. lol. Diesel over gas, everytime.

7. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Nice trucks. Is your 2000 stock?

8. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Stock cummins' cant get out of their own way, i know. Put a box in her and tell me how ya like it! :mechanic:

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't think much of the V10 either until I drove mine. Ton's of torque, plenty of power, and much cheaper to buy and maintain then a diesel.

With that said, I'd trade my truck in a heartbeat for the identical one with a Cummin's.

10. bradrob82

bradrob82 Junior Member
    from WV

The 2000 is mostly stock... It has an aftermarket lift pump, I have autometer gauges to keep an eye on everything, it has 4" banks exhaust from turbo back, and BHAF to help her breathe.

In my story about pulling the trailer, the V-10 has a newer rebuilt automatic, and my cummins is still stock. V-10 87k miles, cummins 133k miles. About a month ago, I dropped the trans pan on the 00 and adjusted the bands, changed to GM shift solenoid, and put some poly seals in the accumulator piston. I tried to put a low reverse super servo in it, but i have to tear it all apart to get it out. While I was in there I changed the fluid and filter also.

At one time I had the diablo power puck in the truck, I like the pep it gave the ole girl, and the 2 mpg increase over stock. But when I hooked to a trailer, it made the tranny shudder bad when changing gears. (probably due to loose bands) So I sold the puck to a friend of mine. Since doing the transmission work, I bought another puck. (since I wouldnt mind a lil power, but didnt want anything exteme.) It seems to shift more like a torqshift out of a ford now with that GM solenoid conversion. I like it, I havent had to haul much since I did the transmission work. So this spring / summer we will see.

Not that I bashed the Diesel guys, I have had several diesels over the years, but the V-10 is a very decent motor, I think it gets a bad rap alot of times because the diesels are so popular. I have seen a few dodge V-10's with over 350k on them and still going strong. Its all in how and what you use it for, and how much you take care and service what you have.

I probably use my trucks a little harder than what they were intended for... for example, before the economy went south back in 08-09 I had a new toyota tundra. I know some of you on here laugh at them, but I loved it also, I have always had a little toyota truck over the years, so when they came out with the new tundra and 0% financing I picked up an 08. Due to the loss of the housing market and jobs around the greater Washington DC area, I unfortunately had to sell it. Then I bought the 2000. Anyway here is a pic of one thing I hauled with the Tundra. And let me tell you, I turned some heads driving it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  11. bradrob82

bradrob82 Junior Member
    from WV

12. bradrob82

bradrob82 Junior Member
    from WV

Here is my truck with the meyer blade on, before the snow they were calling for the other day. (which we just got a few flurries) I am currently working on getting a salt spreader to go in my reciever.

IMG-20111207-00067.jpg

Here is how it looks where I work, when they are calling for snow......

Snow day.jpg

IMG-20111207-00067.jpg

Snow day.jpg

13. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Lol. I don;t know why people laugh when they see a tundra with a 5th wheel, Because that thing can haul some stuff let me tell you. Buddy of mine had one of the Tundras and that thing was an absolute ANIMAL. I couldn't believe how it pulled. So don't laugh when you see his Tundra out pulling a Dodge all day long :D:waving:

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I really like your Tundra. Tundras are wicked rugged trucks. I love my Dad's Tundra. I don't understand why a lot of people think they are light duty. They are heavy duty as far as 1/2 tons go.

Nice Cummins to.

15. rhyan6

rhyan6 Member

I stick to my American made trucks, ill hook my chevy 3500 up to that toyota any day. i bet that truck doesn't weigh much over 10 if it does at all. half ton chevy is rated for that.

16. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

A half ton Chevy rated at 10,000 gvwr? Your joking right?

17. rhyan6

rhyan6 Member

the new ones are.

18. rhyan6

rhyan6 Member

i was wrong 10,700

19. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Oh, I dunno all i could find was this:

Chevy 1500 Silverado 5.3
    Maximum towing capacity: 9500 lbs.**
    Maximum payload: 1656 lbs.**
    Gross weight: 6900 lbs.

But, I'm not going to argue about it because i am a HUGE Chevy fan myself. I just can't not give Toyota credit for what they have done and how far along they have came.

20. rhyan6

rhyan6 Member

chevy.com go to payload its there.