1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Dodge

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mferrari, Dec 22, 2010.

1. mferrari

mferrari Member

01 2500. Western UltraMount. Started with a 7.5'. Sold the plow and upgraded to an 8'. Then tonight I added the ProWings which brings me to 10'.

I have a set of hide-away strobes coming on Friday. Also looking into getting a mini light bar and ditching the el-cheapo beacon.
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. You can't beat a Cummins.
  3. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Nice Truck, I had one identical except Red! Was a beast plowing. Best of Luck to you this season! I would love to see some pics of it pushing some snow.
  4. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice rig........Thumbs Up
  5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice truck you got there, i had a 01 ctd, still wish i had it instead of my f-350 :(
  6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I have your brother, wish it was a cummins! Other then that its identical, even has a 8' plow, but its a pro plus ;)
  7. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Looks good Mike!! I know you from over on PS.com
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck and plow!

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

that trucks looks ready to push some snow!
  10. mferrari

mferrari Member

Thanks for all the comments, I can't wait to try out the new wings this weekend!

I couldn't find any plow markers locally so I am just gonna get some steel rod and weld it onto the wings directly. Maybe paint them orange if I want to be real cool.

I also have ton of lights in the mail, enough that you will be able to see my truck from the moon. I ordered a set of hide-aways the other day then yesterday I got a e-mail from a 911ep and SoundOff dealer that wanted to buy a trailer I had so we ended up working a deal which will include a SoundOff Mini Pinnacle light bar (which should be enough alone), two 911ep LS12 12" light bars (for the rear window), and a SoundOff LED visor mount strobe light for the front.
    I wasn't completely sold on just using the LED light bar because last season I had trouble keeping the snow clear of a beacon on the roof so now I am prepared incase the snow builds up on the roof.
  11. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

I'd like to see pics when you have all the lights, it sounds like it will be a Xmas tree
  12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck! Those Dodges are workhorses, well most Dodge's are from my experiences!
  13. mferrari

mferrari Member

I'll post a bunch of pictures and video once I get it all installed. Most likely wont be running them all at once while plowing or doing vehicle recovery but will have my options open.

The dodge does amazing while plowing. Last winter I had a set of 1 ton truck axles in the bed for most of the storms and the traction was great with the BFG ATs. We got two storm back to back dumping over 12" (which is unheard of around here, 3" shuts down our town haha). The truck was clearing gravel drives with 2 feet of snow like it was nothing!
  14. Kale Lawn

Kale Lawn Senior Member
    from Ohio

nice land yacht! hahaha... I love the CTD got a 1998 1500 myself
  15. mferrari

mferrari Member

Since the decals on the truck are for my fabrication business I figured I should make some for the snow removal. I have a vinyl plotter and magnets on hand so cost was nothing out of pocket so I made two of these to slap on the truck for the season.
  16. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice decals Mike!
  17. mferrari

mferrari Member

Thanks, I figured the orange would stand out. The white also matches the truck pretty well too which worked out. I am how ever pretty bummed that this storm is looking like a bust.