1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My dodge R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by killed300ex, Nov 15, 2006.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Well just wanted to post a picture or two of my truck. Well pictures of what it looked like unitll 520 this afternoon when I got rearended at 55mph. Luckily everyone walked away from the wreck alive exept for the two vehicles. I was in my 1996 dodge ram 2500 and i got rearended by a 97 toyota camary. The other driver is lucky to be alive. Here is a picture of my truck before the accident. Will get updated pictures of the truck and other car tommorow.
    I will miss this truck greatly but will be moving on to a newer 2500 or 3500 with a cummins.

1.JPG

3.JPG

2. killed300ex

couple weekend ago at camp with the wheelers in it

truckwwheeler.JPG

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That's too bad. Glad to hear you're okay. :salute:

On the bright side, now you have insurance money coming your way. All of a sudden, my neck hurts like hell! ;)

4. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Did you go to the thompson school at UNH? that truck looks familar...
    James

5. killed300ex

Yes I do go to the thompson school. I was on rt 4 turning into a driveway when this happened. I hope to find a new truck within the next week or two hopefully.
    Evan

6. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

Sorry for your lost......That was a nice dump bed you had.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

In time your pain will turn into fond memories, that you will have forever.:cry:

She gave her ass to protect yours..

Hey, just a question.. Did your air bag go off?

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

can just hope insuranse gives you a lot of money for it

9. killed300ex

no my air bag didnt go off here are some pictures of my truck wasnt able to get pictures of the car that hit me because it went to another garage. The other cars airbags went off however. Thinking that for my airbags to go off I might need to be hit in the front?

wreck1.JPG

10. killed300ex

another picture

wreck3.JPG

11. killed300ex

another picture the bed crushed the back of the cab in 3-4 inchs and broke the window with it

wreck6.JPG

12. killed300ex

last one hopefully I can find the other car and get some pictures of it. I talked with the tow truck driver today and he said he was looking at the car before he towed it and he could see red paint from my truck on the cars windshield where it shattered it. I would see the kid that rear ended me was extremly luck to be alive.
    Evan

wreck4.JPG

13. killed300ex

one more picture just for the fun of it.

wreck7.JPG

14. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would say there is some frame damage....:rolleyes: Good nobody got hurt and now you can get a new truck!

15. jglandscaping

Sorry man about that. Hope you can get something soon before it snows:dizzy: payup . I drive the 06 GMC Sierra, color is silverstone and it sits pretty high, sure you've seen it.
    James

16. killed300ex

Yea I have seen it around campus before. Doesnt look like I will be getting anything new anytime soon. The kid driving wasnt the owner of the car so the cop ran the plates and gave me the owners contact info. With further investigation he no longer owns the car the kid who was driving has a girlfriend whos dad owns the car and is in florida with no way to contact. The mom of the kid who hit me says she has no responsibility because he is 17 ( I thought you had legal responsibility untill 18) Then to top it off I only had liability on my truck because I was paying over $1800 just for that so it wasnt worth putting collision on it when after 2 years you would have spent more on insurance then the truck is worth. Then the uninsured motorist clause in my insurance they are telling me only covers the parts of insurance you have since I dont have collision they wont help out at all. Really sucks cause I dont have much money for a new truck. So basically it looks like I am going to try to go after the kids girlfriends parents to get anything if I can get in contact with them. I think I am going to get hosed on this deal. Work hard the past 5-6 year busting my ass to buy a truck I loved and it gets taken away by some unresponsible scum sucking dink who could care less about his actions and will never amount to anything. Sorry for rambeling on but its been an extremly frustrating day.
    Evan

17. turfs up

turfs up Junior Member

That really stinks about your truck and the insurance and all....Have you considered talking to a lawyer? Most offer free initial consultation. I'm not buying the "She's not responsible because he's 17" bit! I got hit one time when I was young and dumb and settled for change compared to what I should have gotten....don't make the same mistake! I know you need a truck fast but don't get in a hurry with this, you'll be sorry.

18. killed300ex

We are planning on getting advice but first we have a couple more odds and ends to clean up before I settle to that. As much as I want a new truck I am not going to rush into it. I am going to the police station first thing tommorow when they open. Hoping to try to get some more info. Have them run the vin and plates again and see if I can get in contact with the "real" owner before I go talk to a lawyer. But I am sure that this is going to be settled in court. Hopefully I can get him nailed for driving an unregistered uninspected vehicle. At least make his life a little miserable for hitting me. I dont mean to be nasty but I am more than a little bitter at the situation.
    Evan

19. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

That sucks ^^^^^ Sounds like you're gaurenteed to go to court for this one. :gunsfiring: payup wesport :nod:

20. jglandscaping

In NH it is 18, My mom had to sign something when I regestered my trailer in my name. Good luck man and I hope the best for you, we are all on here to support you.
    James