1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My diesel particulate filter fell off lol

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rob_cook2001, Jan 14, 2010.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Yesterday I installed my Dpf delete with a 5inch flopro straight pipe and a custom tuned SCT all from Eric at Innovative diesel and this truck MOVES. I have owned tons for diesels from mild to wild and this 6.4 sounds so good :D. I have about 250 miles on it now and I am guessing I have picked up about 4mpg on the highway. The power is insane for just a tuner, well over 550 hp, the truck will smoke the tires into third gear. :yow!:
    Guess I just wanted to brag because I am excited lol
    I will post Pics tomorrow.
    Robert
    p.s. my trucks exhaust no longer stinks while warming up in my shop haha

2. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I want a diesel for my next truck, I love the way they sound.

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i hear ya my stock exaust fell off after a few months too.
    i hear the 6.4's are real animals a few issues ago in diesel power mag there was one with about 800hp and not a ton of stuff done to get it there. us cummins guys might have a match now :jester:

4. rob_cook2001

I love the Cummins motor but not the dodge trucks ( don't get mad guys, just my opinion) thats why I put a Cummins in my 06 ford. I love this truck now that the Dpf is gone. I will give updates on mileage in a week or so.
    Robert

5. Bigmatt0711

Bigmatt0711 Junior Member
    from MN

Update please.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'm a Ford guy, but Dodge is the only one to offer the Cummins in a pick up. Let see some pics of that Cummins powered Ford

7. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I also would like to hear how you are liking the dpf delete and tuner. I recently bought a 2010 PSD and have been tossing around the idea of doing this. I just need to decide if I'm willing to void my warranty.

8. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Word. I want to put a Cummins in a truck. How hard was it? Which motor, 600 lb. ft. ISB?

9. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6sS5TjQCSLE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6sS5TjQCSLE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here is one in an Excursion.

10. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a buddie of mine that has 99 ish super duty with a cummins Pretty sweet set up. That I would not mind having. U can keep the dodge.

11. rob_cook2001

I will post pics and vids in a month of so when its all done :} the truck only has 1200 miles on it since new. The motor is a early 04 cr, should make around 800 on fuel and over 1000 to the wheels on the juice.
    I love the DPF delete on both of our 6.4's, they get better mileage, drive smoother and have a TON of power. My CC long box with a tool box runs consistent 13.20's in the 1/4 at 6000 feet above sea level. Our plow truck runs 12.90's with just a dpf delete and tuner, everything else is stock.Even straight piped they are not loud at all but sound good. Call up Eric at Innovative diesel and you won't regret it.

12. rob_cook2001

I forgot. Stock I was getting about 14.5mpg. My last tank of empty driving I was getting right at 17.5mpg.
    Robert

13. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Thats awesome. Have you had any warranty work done since the dpf delete and tuner?

14. rob_cook2001

I "MAY" have put the dpf back in one of the trucks, removed the tuner and taken it to the dealer once. lol
    I can't guarantee you will be able to but I know a lot of other guys who have done it.
    Robert

15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I can't wait to see pics and videos of it. You must have hit the same bump that knocked off my cat and muffler. Damn potholes lol.