1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Deepest Apologies...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike 97 SS, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I see that the other thread got closed cause of everyone making fun of Meyer plows, and I was one of them. I just wanted to start a new thread apologizing to the guys who got mad and sick of hearing all the bashing. Its just an inside joke between me and Jay and Arc Burn (I got you involved Arc). ;) Never meant to hurt anyones feelings, but if it got taken too far, then I apologize. :) I took down my avatar too so I will try to be a nice boy from now on. I know this thread doesnt belong in this forum, but I wanted to make sure the guys who got mad about all the bashing see this, so I put it here, if the mods wanna move it to the off topic forum, it makes sense. Now guys, on the other hand, Im not a newbie to plowing, I have PLENTY of experience. Also, about the 1/2 ton comment, that 1/2 ton works awesome for what I need it to do, if I felt I needed something more heavy duty, Id sell it and buy whatever I wanted, money isnt a concern. Now I expect Jay and Arc to extend their apologies too. Mike :waving:

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE

FIRST I WAS POED
    THEN I REALIZED YOU WERE JUST PLAYIN

I RUN MYER AND I KNOW THERE NOT THAT BAD

KEEP UP THE JOKES

CARDOCTOR
    PRESIDENT MYER OWNERS GROUP(MOP)
    SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS:waving:

3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Cardoctor, I know you knew I was just playing around, but I think some of the other guys got mad, which is why I started this thread. Its very rare a thread gets locked here on PlowSite and I hate to think I was the reason or part of the reason why it did get locked. I apologize to both the members of this site who got mad and to the moderators for having to lock it. But, like I said, we were just making a joke, wasnt meant to be nothing personal. Mike :)

4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Sorry if we roasted anyones feathers too far. Just trying to keep it loose in the offseason. I hope there are no hard feelings. I love this site and would hate to have anyone angered over a little fun.

Jay

5. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

No need for apologies............. were all adults here!

We all make our living different ways (different equipment, operations, business systems, etc.) Bottom line is if we are not making money performing snow and ice management services then this web site is not necessary.

Brand of snow related equipment will not create your future success in this industry, only determination and the realization that equipment is mechanical and is likely to cause some challenge sooner or later (ANY BRAND...... ANY TIME). Always maintain your equipment (regardless of brand) and you will be rewarded with on time performance......... 99% of the time.

With regard to trucks......... we are talking about FULL snow and ice management usage. To fully take advantage of the opportunities that exist in our chosen field we need a drivetrain/chassis that can handle heavy loads of salt, plow and still come to a stop! I personally have owned many trucks (Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Isuzu) and the only one that has stood up to the rigors that my company can dole out is Ford. I am not trying to convince you that Ford makes a superior product, one would hope that you will see for yourself............. BY EXAMPLE of course.

Lets remember to focus our ideas and actions towards advancement in the industry not wasting time with brand names! I refuse to be a pawn in the snow plow equipment manufacturing marketing campaign. Every piece of equipment has its own usefullness in its own lucrative way for us the snow and ice fighter to exploit our own way.

ChicagoSnow

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Well first off i'll start by saying i'm the third stooge.We were only kidding and anyone who was offended has my apologys,none of it was ever personal or against any members,just a stupid joke between a few hard headed big mouths.

The second part has me wondering because i don't know exactly what went down but from what i gather(please correct me if i'm wrong)Mike at one point was defending his use of a 1/2 ton?(again,i don't know what happened)
    It seems to me theres some sort of stereotype here that says you need a big bad one ton pickup to plow?I have plowed for 7 years with a half ton and i think you would be impressed to see the driveways this truck has to compete with every storm.Maybe i'm way off base there so let me know but we are no less professional just because we use 1/2 ton trucks.:waving:

Ok,i just found that thread,wow,i guess alot was said at the end aye:D ,I'm not sure if i even posted in that thread but my apology stands true,as does my 1/2 ton comment.

One last thing on the spelling crack though,i did not realize we were in a 4th grade spelling bee:rolleyes: ,we are just typing fast and some of us are not so good at it:p ,i do think however if everyone scrolled thru there own posts they would find there own mistakes also,i have never judged anyone by there typing skills alone,even thats a little childish for me.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2003
  7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Call me childish ;) ...

"if everyone scrolled thru there own posts they would find there own mistakes also,i have never judged anyone by there typing skills alone,even thats a little childish for me."

Thru should be through, there should be their, second there should be their, third there should be their

Sorry Arc, I just couldn't resist such a good set up. Disclaimer: for those that may not know, Arc knows I'm joking with him & this post was not meant in a negative way toward him, and I'm sure he will laugh at it.

Everyone needs to remember that this community is made up of snow nuts from all over the place, with all levels of experience, plowing abilities, business abilities, business sizes, and all levels of plowing from hobbiests (one truck or tractor plowing their own driveway) to small plow businesses to medium to large ones spanning many states. Given that, we are never all going to agree on one plow brand, one plowing method, etc. etc. (though we may all agree it would be a good idea to shut off Mike's internet access when he isn't looking next time ;) ) But through our diversity of experiences & our willingness to share our mistakes, experiences & successes, we will all certainly benefit here. And I think having a little fun while sharing is OK, as long as we aren't breaking any of the rules. Maybe we should make sure we put smilies in our fun posts so that those who don't know its good natured fun will know that the post isn't serious. It's easy to think negatively about a joke post when you may not have seen all of the threads that preceded the joke, so I can see how a thread like the one in question would upset some people.

PS Mike, stop making us mods have to work so hard here. My keyboards ready to break from all of the editing & closing of your posts & threads. ;)

8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Oh, you know me, I always put plenty of smilies. :) Mike :waving:

9. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

10. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

Revenge of the Meyer's is coming!! Apologies not accepted!!

(i m just kidding haha)

11. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

say what you want

You crossed no lines ! LOL If this site becomes so politically correct you cant even joke then it is doomed . I know one thing I never owned a meyers and I can see I never will. I cant believe that cracking jokes and goofing on a brand name actually hurts peoples feelings ???? SOmetimes it looks like they are just giving you back what you are dishing out and that is great fun to read

12. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

meyer

Just reading these post iam sure mike that if most guys have been on here for awhile know that your just having fun , Now i know you thought you would never EVER here this come out of my mouth but here it goes this past storm i have to give the golden award to my fleet of trucks to babyred the 91 f150 carrying the meyer that cloned little plow worked flawless this past storm she was the only truck that didnt break trip springs.So even i have to admitt owning mostly all westerns that the meyer even though gosh this hurts to say plowed with the big boys and did it with class.
    Fred

13. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

As some of you might know, my brother sold his 95 Ram w/Meyer plow last spring. He uses a friend's 2001 Ram with a Western to plow now. This past storm, he broke the king bolt on the Western. He had no idea what was wrong with the plow. Now if it was a Meyer, he would have figured it out right away, since he busted his up so many times in the 12 years he had it. Took him a while to figure it out, but 3 hours later, he was back out plowing. The bolt sheared, but it was still in there, so from the top, everything looked fine. Luckily, I was busy and didn't have to fix it myself ;)

~Chuck

14. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

They were joking ??
    Aw man....

15. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

HaHa John

I LOVE THIS SITE

Jay

16. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm not offended

I stopped using Meyer plows 2 yrs. ago because I seen the LIGHT :D

Many guys around here are diehard Meyer fans as they are sold on almost every new truck ;) for the last 40 yrs. & Meyers Headquarters is right here in OHIO ;)

17. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the grammar lesson BRL,I did not realize my father was on this forum:rolleyes: :D ,believe it or not,i actually did quite well in school but this whole computer craze started just when i left,hence my poor typing abilities:p ,I use "thru" alot because it's short(i know it's no excuse) just a bad habit,as far as the other mistakes,i know when to use the word THERE over THERE,and THEIR, when refering to someone or a group but i just get typing so fast sometimes(not good)that things land on the screen before i've given it much thought!
    How could someone so young be computer illiterate you ask?This stuff never really interested me i guess,untill i found places like this.Sooooo,I will try harder,just be glad you don't have to figure out my handwriting :D

18. wyldman

wyldman Member

Good point on being easy to diagnose and repair Chuck.We do a lot of snowplow repair during the winter months,and see very few Meyers in the shop for repair.Not that they don't break down,they do,but they are simple and easy to fix,and can be diagnosed and field repaired quickly.Most of the repairs we see are just welding.The other blades tend to show up more often with electrical problems which are harder to diagnose,so they bring them to us.

Fred - I also noticed last storm that the Meyers were doing better than most of our Westerns and Snoways.We don't have any in our fleet,but two of our temp subs do,and they had no problems whatsoever peeling up the crusty ice from the last storm.

I personally don't care what kind of Meyer bashing goes on,as long as it's obvious to any new or infrequent members that it's just that.I wouldn't want to see it prevent someone from joining or asking questions for fear of getting ridiculed.

19. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Can somebody please explain whatever it is Arc was trying to tell me?? ;)

"i know when to use the word THERE over THERE,and THEIR,"

I know you know, which is why I picked on you about it ;) I do that one a lot too. PS you forgot THEY'RE.

20. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

BRL, yea I was thinking the samething. He wrote THERE twice but no THEY'RE. Ok Arc, whatever it is you are smokin over there, please put it down now, its killing what little brain cells you have, ROFLMAO. Mike :D :drinkup: