1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my day of the storm project

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by plowinzr2, Dec 21, 2009.

1. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

We got a big storm here in RI saturday nite as most everyone knows. Last storm my buddy blew the brakes out on his one working plow truck and the other truck he had with a plow got stolen so he had nothing to run for this storm. So after hunting around saturday morning he finally bought a brand new minute mount 2 unassembled and uninstalled. Here are some pics of me assembling and my buddy getting the truck side ready 8 hours before the storm.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

017.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Great Job and quick work. Nice little storm to test out the new plow.

3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Good job, did you guys have to run the wiring too?

4. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

yea the truck had never had a plow on it. I did the assembly and i wired the truck my buddy did the mounts

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great now were are the pics plowing the storm

6. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

the kid said the truck did ok i felt bad tho he was on his way to meet me at our last account and he slid the rear of the truck into a barrier and kicked the rear bumper over like 4 inches and crushed in the bottom right rear quarter of the bed

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

other then hitting the berrier, did everything work out ok?

8. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

After all that hard work and then that happens really bites.

9. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

props to you! i would never have the patience to do that!

10. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

good work. Don't forget after this storm, pull in the truck and retorque all the hardware especially the mount bolts I see 'em work loose sometimes. If they get loose they will junk the mount or (worse yet) the truck frame (usually wallows out the holes in truck but can bend the mount too)

Sorry to hear about his bumper bender... that bites. Hope his luck gets turned around!!! Definitely having a rough year I'd say!

11. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

You should get a cutting edge for that plow....

12. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Not yet :nono:

13. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Never owned a fisher, just ran meyer and western my whole like. Why do you wait to put a cutting edge on a fisher plow in some cases. Or is this standard practices across the board? Thanks

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There's no hurry to put an edge on that. You can take an inch or two off the base angle no problem. If you have a lighter truck wearing the base angle first saves some weight when you add the edge. Probably not a problem on that truck.

There's nothing wrong with putting an edge on now, it will just last longer....