1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Danger Ranger

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mackman, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

well i picked up this 2008 ford ranger about 2 months ago. Paid 12,000 for it. has 33,500 miles on it. Its an XL but it does have 4x4. 3.0 V6 and is an auto. The 1st pic is when i picked it up at the dealer. I took the cover off the back. I added a back rack, toolbox and spray in bedliner. I also tinted the windows myself. They turned out ok. Here are some pics.

I dont know if im going to put a plow on it or not. I think it may be plowless. But if i can find a good used plow then i might put one on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

A Sno-way would look and work sweet on that. I bought a 2000 Ranger 2wd xlt 3.0 auto , brand new in 2000. It was a great little truck. Wish is till had it to scoot around in.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I had a 2000 Ford Ranger 3.0 4x4 and it was a POS. It only got 12 to 14 mpg. I had to get the transmition rebuilt at around 120,000 miles. I sold it when it had around 145,000 and it was "nickel and diming" the hell out of me. Good luck with it.

4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

you got rid of that awesome obs powerstroke now you have a good for nothing danger ranger? =[ the awesome powerstroke probably got better mileage

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nod::nod::nod:

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

my dads got a 98 that i used to use before i bought my chevy...it was a nice little truck but the mileage sucked...Tranny had to be rebuilt at 70,000 and it seems that its always in the shop for something

7. Mackman

from S.E. PA

thats the only downside to the ranger is MPG. It does suck. i been avg around 14MPG.

8. randomb0b123

from america

and what do you have to show for it? a ranger, not even half of a truck

9. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Well the OBS i had to sell at the time to free up cash for the spetic business. Now im doing good and i needed a pick-up to run around in. The ranger works out good. Plus its alot newer and is rust free then the OBS i bought.

10. randomb0b123

from america

but the classic obs look!!! i cant even fit in a regular cab ranger so crowded no room at all. i have a success10 for run around work truck it gets close to 30 highway. i just realized i should ask you about this! im looking at a house for sale thats really just what i want small house small lot with 30x60 heated pole barn but the hold up is the sewer. i dont know much of anything about this but the homeowner thinks that there is a leech line blocked/crushed he said the neighbor had driveway poured and thought the cement truck may have damaged a line? whats worst case scenario here? the part of the road the house is on does not have city sewer they are slowly working theyre way down the road so no option to tie into it as of yet

11. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

2 things do you still have the f350 also do you have a septic pumping truck if so lets see some pics

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The 3.0s suck. My Dad had a 1992 2wd Ranger with a 4.0 and it got close to 20mpg. I don't know why Ford makes three V6s, the 3.0 and 4.2 are both gas hogs. The 4.0 is the best V6 Ford makes IMO.

13. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Well you can get a guy to run a camera down the line. if it is crashed he will see it. Then you have to dig it up and replace the line. Or the leech field could be shot and need to be replaced.

No i sold the 96. I still got my 04. Here is the link to the septic thread on here.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=122656&highlight=septic

14. BHISNOWMAN

BHISNOWMAN Member

Needs a Sno-Way 22
    Next time get a 4.0

15. Matt10486

Matt10486 Member

i vote for some new videos!! :laughing:

16. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

yea mack videos always make my day when you post them. nice little ranger btw

17. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Cute truck, what's it want to be when it grows up? Mack Granite series maybe??:laughing:

I vote for new videos as well. I say let that straight pipe bark!!!

18. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

all it needs is a 4bt cummins then you will really be in danger!

19. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

but think guys its now a collector item since there not making them anymore. The plant just closed up here this past week

20. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

you already know what im going to say brandon, ill leave it at that :nod: