1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Dads plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dalejr_fan112, Jan 28, 2011.

1. dalejr_fan112

dalejr_fan112 Junior Member

hello, my dad has a 2004 Ford F-350 5.4l gas. standard cab longbox. he has a 2002 model Blizzard 810 (before DD). bought the plow and truck new in 2004 off the lot. so far hes had to rebuild a wing cylinder. replace the center pivot bolt and all the pins and bushings in the hitch assembly. and a new pump motor. all in all he absolutely loves the truck and plow.

2. dalejr_fan112

thats his back up light and the ballast he got for the blizzard.

i dont have any pics of the plow yet. storm tonight, ill snap some tomorrow
  3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Nice rig Should be great.

That cement how you could LOAD. It weight no more than 350 LB.

What tire you use on that.
  4. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

I'm willing to bet you that block weights more than 350 pounds. Just guessing here but it looks to be 8" thick 4' wide and roughly 2' long. that would come out to 9 #80 bags of premix concrete or 720 pounds worth
  5. dalejr_fan112

i cant remember what he put on for tires, he got em over the summer. he owns an excavation company, so he uses his backhoe to load the block. hooks a chain the the bolts that hold it in place. we have no clue how much it wieghs... it works good though
  6. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

Nice truck!
  7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Sharp looking truck, he should be proud. When do you get the keys to that bad boy?
  8. dalejr_fan112

not anytime soon, i have plowed with it a few times. hes real proud of it. washes it after every plowing, hes fixed the little rust on it. the way he treats it, he'll have it for a long time
  9. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

That weights no more then 350# probably closer to 250#..It is a piece of walk you can see the saw marks on the sides..
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  10. dalejr_fan112

nope, it is 8" thick. its part of a basement wall he got when digging an egress window at a job.