1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My dads 1800 buy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Feb 22, 2008.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I think it is a really good deal from ebay. Plow is 8 feet long, and came with a handheld controller. The seller had a mount and wiring for a Ford but we didn't need it when it would be going on a Gmc. Picked it up from Trenton, New Jersey area last week Tuesday. Of the 2 trucks in the first pic the plow is ment for the red one (dads) black one is mine.

dp3.jpg

dp.jpg

dp1.jpg

dp2.jpg

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Was he asking extra for the mount and wiring?..if not you should have took it, Could have always sold it.

Nice Buy

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

That was a steal, it looks new! I would've taken the mount and sold it.

4. blm86

blm86 Member

awesome buy, and man do both of them trucks look extremely nice.

5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

nice ......................

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice trucks, and a great buy.

7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats 2 nice looking trucks, nice plow too

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yes the mount and everything was extra cost. And we thought, well what happens if we can't sell the wiring and what not. We both wanted a new wiring harness, just so everything was new and not hacked together and what not ya know. And yes the plow does look new. There is no rust on it what so ever. The only 2 faded things on the plow are the guide markers and the power ground cable. The guy I got it from said he used it 5 times, and that it hadn't snowed where he was at at all this year so he was like I am not making money with it so why have it. Thanks for the compliments on the trucks as well. We like keeping them clean!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thanks. I would of gotten a few with the plow on the truck it is suppost to be on but my dad was at work all day and this was the the only time i've had to take any pics of it.

10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

You paid $1800 for that???? :dizzy: You got a sweat deal, very good condition. Mine is a 2004 came with mount, wiring ( Chevy) and the handheld. I paid $2500. I also had it delivered to my house for cheap. Good luck with it. He is going to love it.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

12. Quality SR

13. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

damn 18 hundo beans for a great looking plow.......payup....nice trucks dudewesport

14. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The mount I got from my boss, when he used to run chevys, he took it off when he got ride of the truck, and he was gonna throw it out. I was like NO I'll take it, then he asked for 125 bucks for it. Oh well, The wiring was brand new the day before I left for Jersey 200 some bucks I think roughly. So we have roughly 2100 into everything. I payed for gas to go out there so thats not on the cost of the plow as its my dads. I would of taken the wiring off the other guys truck, but I wanted a new one just in case his was all cut up and what not, ya know.

15. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice Truck and plow

16. Quality SR

You made out very well. The trip must have been nice too. I bet driving through NY was like driving through Florida right? LOL

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Accually we went thru Ohio, Penn., and then into NJ. It was 14 hours there. The roads were crappy, and plus in the mountains on I76 in the dark, kinda scary at night when semis are passing you at 65 down hill when it is snowing/raining. Then it was 11 and a half coming back. The roads were so nice coming back, so we made awesome time.

18. Quality SR

Did you stay over or you did it round trip? Sounds like you had a nice trip. Those truckers are crazy.

19. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

We stayed over night, we got to our hotel at about quarter to 2 in the morning, got back up at 8 am and went and got the plow. Then drove straight home, and then I didn't even bother with unloading the plow or unpacking my over night bag. I just went right to bed, and let me tell ya I fell hard. I got back up at about 10:30 am the next morning, and went to a local lumber yard, and I asked if they could unload the plow. My dad has a account there, sence he is in the construction industry and they said well sence your dad has a account here, do you know how to run a fork lift? I was like yeah, the guys goes, there out in that building there, and the keys are in them, go for it. I was like :eek:. Okay sweet thanks alot.

20. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Ryan, your dad's truck would look really good in my fleet. But, I don't mess around with those little straight blades. You guys keep your trucks really clean, I'm impressed.