1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my cursed plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cherokeeman, Jan 27, 2009.

1. cherokeeman

cherokeeman Member

i have a 96 cherokee 4 liter inline six it hase more power than i know what to d o with i bought a 7 foot poly snowbear bad choice lastyear i hit a hidden catchbasin man hole cover buried under plowed snow my plow bent almost in half it caught the edge of the blade a friend weilded some steel to the edges to beef it up i thought i was in good shape i was plowing a storm that hit the northeast last week i found my cutting edge or so called cutting edge broken in 2 places then found crackes on my frame supports both sides upper and lower isent the plow to another shop had to weld more steel for support now my plow weights a ton not to mention i put a heavyer cutting blade on it now my electric screw lift is struggling to lift i hade a problem with lift from the start i was wondering if theres a way to beef up my lift some nice guy from canada gave me advise is there anybody else that could help me ouy thanks ussmileyflag

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

This is the reason snobear tossd the flexblade in the crap pile. All the other lifts were winches this on they decided to go to a linear accuator . Either go oldschool and rig a winch to it gonna be alot of amps and hard draw will kill an electircal system. Or get a real plow or pay more attention